{fifteen}

DEATH CELL

Tina snaps out of her reverie - possibly at the sound of Atlas' voice - and screams. "Mr. Scamander!" The potion, once a reflection of happy memories, was now a black bubbling death potion that Tina was sinking into - or rather the potion was rising to meet her. In her haste, Tina almost slips as she stands, but regains her balance. "Don't panic!" Newt screams back at her. "What do you suggest I do instead?" Tina panics. Atlas runs toward the door and opens it, dragging the two executioners out of the room one at a time. "Jump!" Atlas pops her head back into the room to see the situation that they're in. "Well, shit," Atlas mumbles under her breath. "Are you crazy?" Tina was breaking down. "Just jump, Tina!"

Tina looks like she was on the verge of tears. "We'll catch you, Tina! Just jump!" With the last shout of urgency, Tina jumps and lands on the Swooping Evil's back. She makes one last jump straight into Atlas' open arms while Newt recalls the Swooping Evil. Atlas tugs on Newt's coat sleeve and they run out of the room.

"Let's go."

BASEMENT CORRIDOR

The three of them run through the corridors, Tina in front with Atlas and Newt following closely behind. Tina suddenly turns, grabbing Atlas' hand and leading them away from a group of Aurors. Newt releases the Swooping Evil once again, which swoops in and out of pillars, protecting the three of them from most harm. Newt makes a clicking sound, "Leave his brains! Come on, come on!" The Swooping Evil flies after them, blocking curses. "What is that thing?" Tina asks, sounding slightly out of breath.

"Swooping Evil," Newt replies.

"Well, I love it!" She exclaims before Atlas jerks her backward, preventing her from colliding with her sister and Jacob. "I never thought I'd be so happy to see you both!" Atlas exclaims, enveloping Queenie in a suffocating hug. Queenie hugs her back before Atlas pulls away. "Please tell me you've got a plan."

She gestures to the case, "Get in."

NEWT'S CASE
INSIDE

Atlas nods and pushes Tina in first, following closely behind her and Newt close to her. Atlas watches as the case shuts. She lets out a breath, carefully trodding over to where her bag had been haphazardly strewn across the floor, possibly by the Aurors that were in here. She picks it up and sits on the floor. She opens it, withdrawing her wand from its depths.

She turns to face the other two. "Let's not do that again, please." Newt walks over to her, helping her off the floor. "Would you like to take a walk to get your mind off of it?" Atlas nods her head and squeezes his hand tightly. "Tina, would you be okay with staying her for a while?"

"Yeah, I think I need some time to process what's happened."

NEWT'S CASE
OUTSIDE

"I was so scared, Newt," Atlas whispers, absent-mindedly stroking the creature that had approached her. Her eyes flicker to meet his, the green piercing his own. "I know."

Atlas leans closer to him, "Where will you go after this? After you've released Frank to the wilds of Arizona?"

"I don't know," was his breathy reply. He leans in as well, the creatures around them grew silent. "Newt," she trails off, leaning even closer if that was possible. The stampede in her stomach ran even wilder and her heart sped up more than she thought was even possible. "I-"

Her sentence is cut off by his lips.

Atlas' eyes flutter shut after recovering from the initial shock. She melts into the kiss, gripping the lapels of Newt's jacket. The kiss is soft and gentle, yet still passionate, very different from the rough and harsh she had become accustomed to with Maeve's father. She wasn't expecting the cliche fireworks that she inevitably felt in her gut and saw behind her closed eyes. Atlas was the first to draw back, her eyes lazily open. She stares into Newt's eyes, taking in the moment.

They stay there for a while, enjoying each other's company more than anything. The close proximity of the two making it impossible for them to look anywhere other than at each other. What had Atlas done so well that she deserved this? She couldn't answer that, but somehow it just was.

It just was.