{eleven}

CENTRAL PARK

Atlas, Newt, and Jacob hurry through the frost covered, park. Atlas can almost see her breath in the air as they stop on a bridge. Atlas pulls Newt to the side as an ostrich barreled past them. "Thanks," Newt breaths out, catching his breath. "No problem," Atlas replies as she regained her composure, letting go of his hand. Newt smiles at Atlas before tugging protective headgear out his pocket. He passes it over to Jacob and Jacob gives him a bewildered look. "Put this on," Newt instructs. "Why - why would I have to wear something like this?" Jacob stammers. "Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force," Atlas chirps from behind them, fixing the strap on her bag. Atlas skips after Newt as Jacob puts on the hat and continues on after the pair.

CENTRAL PARK ZOO

The trio runs up to a half-empty zoo, the outer walls crumbling. "Whoa, what happened here?" Atlas asks upon seeing the mess. A bellowing roar that echoes around the building causes Atlas to pull her wand from her coat. Newt produces a body protector, "Okay, if you just, uh, pop this on." Newt fastens the breastplate over Jacob. "Is there a reason on why you carry Quidditch gear around with you?" Atlas wonders. "No exact reason," Newt answers before reassuring Jacob. "Now, there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about." Jacob looks visibly shaken, "Tell me - has anyone ever believed you when you told them not to worry?"

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice."

Jacob seems to consider Newt's words while Atlas snorts, "Well that's a stupid philosophy to have. Worrying means that you still care, that you're human."

"Maybe that's so, but caring also means you suffer twice. Worrying and caring are two in the same," Newt picks up his case and Jacob follows him, stumbling over rubble and debris. Atlas soon follows after taking a deep breath.

The trio stands at the entrance to the zoo, a rather loud snort comes from within. "She's in season," Newt explains. "She needs to mate." The Erumpent catches Atlas' eye, it's a large, round, rhino-like creature with a massive horn protruding from her forehead. She's nuzzling up against the enclosure of a terrified hippo. Atlas passes a vial of Erumpent musk to Newt and he pulls the stopper out with his teeth, spitting it to the side. He dabs the liquid onto each wrist like a perfume, before passing the vial to Jacob. "Erumpent musk - she's made for it."

Jacob and Atlas watch as Newt places his case down on the ground near the Erumpent and slowly, seductively, opens it. They watch as Newt performs a mating ritual, a series of grunts, wiggles, rolls, and groans, to gain the Erumpent's attention. Atlas almost giggles at that, watching Newt roll around as he captures the Erumpent's attention. When Newt rolls along the floor, the Erumpent follows, moving closer to the open case. "Good girl - come on - into the case," Newt praises.

Jacob sniffs the Erumpent musk and as he does, a fish flies through the air and startles him. He spills the Erumpent musk onto himself. "Oh no," Atlas mutters, shuffling through her pockets for a stopper. She produces one from her breast pocket and swipes the musk from Jacob's hands and shoves the stopper into the top, but it's too late. The wind changes its direction and the Erumpent turns to where the stronger scent comes from. "Jacob," Atlas says, her voice low. The Erumpent charges toward the smell and Atlas nearly allowing a scream to pass her lips.

"Run!" she yells. "Get to higher ground where she can't reach you!"

Jacob runs in the opposite direction, Atlas trailing close behind. "The tree, Jacob! The tree!" Atlas dives to the side to avoid getting trampled by the Erumpent, watching Jacob from her place on the ground. She rolls over, staring vacantly at the sky. How did she even get here?

NEWT'S CASE
INSIDE

"I am never doing that again," Atlas speaks from where she's laid on the floor. Newt climbs up the stairs, "You and me both."

Newt tries to push open the case. It won't budge. "Someone's locked the case from the outside."