Chapter 9

I hear a knock on the door and I open it. It's Harry. I smile.

"Hey Harry! Good morning," i say

"Morning, are you almost ready?" He asks

Usually I'll walk with Peter but I called Harry and asked if he could drive me to school. I grab my bag and put a hair tie around my wrist.

"Yeah I'm ready... um... Harry why do you have a book bag with you?" I ask with a small smirk on my face.

"Surprise! I'm heading back to school with you. I need to finish getting my high school education, as much as i don't want to," he says with a chuckle.

"Yay!" I say giving him a big hug

"Now... c'mon, we're gonna be late," he says and we enter his car.
As he drives there is some silence.

"So how has high school treated you? Is it the same as before I left?" He asks

"It's been treating me okay. More of the teaches have been annoying but Mr.Harrison is still the same," i say

"Does he still let us take 10 min naps in class?" He asks with a smile. I shake my head.

"Aww," he says with a small pout. I smiled.

"He shortened them to 5 min," i say and he chuckled," that's the only reason i considered him favorite teacher. The naps were the best thing we could get."

I smiled and unbuckled my belt. We arrived at the prison we call school. I was about to open the door until Harry shouted,"WAIT!" He closes his door and runs to my side. He opens the door and waits for me to walk out and closes it.

"Thank you. But you really didn't need to do that," i say.

"Still the same Elena. You never really liked it when us gentleman did gentlemanly things," he smiled.

"What, it's nice when guys do that but you guys shouldn't feel obligated to always do that," i reply.

"C'mon, we're gonna be late for first period," he says and grabs my hand as he starts to run to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"God. I forgot how nasty these lunches were," he says poking what the school called 'mac and cheese'. I chuckle as I continue to eat my lunch. We keep talking until i feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up.

"Peter," i say

"Hey Elena. I wanted to know i-if you wouldn't mind if i talked to you for a bit," his eyes shifted between Harry and I," ...in private" he continued.

You're gonna have to do this someday.

"Umm.. sure," i say standing up. I tell Harry that I'll probably be back soon and follow Peter to the Music room.

"So.. what did you want to talk about?" I say shoving my hands into my back pockets and waiting for his response.

"I know you hate me a lot right now Elena. Trust me I KNOW. I'm...I'm...*sighs* I'm sorry that I lied to you and that I forgot about our movie night. And I know i sound like such a jerk because I was the one that planned that movie day and a few days before that I hurt you and by ignoring you and.... barely telling you that I'm moving... a-and..."  He stutters.

"How did you figure out that I knew you were lying," i say bluntly looking at the floor. Tears slowly starting to form in the brim of my eyes.

"I saw you. The day I was with Mary Jane... Instead of you," he sniffles as a tear falls down his cheek,"We were talking and I saw you, in the corner of my eye, turning around and running back home," he continues.

"Your moving tomorrow.... Believe it or not, I've been keeping track," i say looking up at him as a tear falls down my face.

"Because you want me out of your life," he whispers.

"No. I've been keeping track because i want to see how much time I have left with you. Before, you, ya know, leave," i reply. "Pete, you've been my best friend for what! The past 11 years! You've always been there for me. And, i guess, when you told me you were going to move i felt that we had to do EVERYTHING we dreamed of doing as kids together. The day of the movie was supposed to be the start of it. A new beginning. But,you never showed. I went to go see you but then I saw you and Mary Jane talking by your window and... i just don't know what came over me. I think I was jealous," i continue.

He furrowed his eyebrows," jealous? Why were you jealous?" He asks.

Shit. I can't tell him it's because I like him more than a friend! I don't want to ruin our friendship. MAKE SOMETHING UP!

"Umm... i guess i was jealous because I felt that I was going to be replaced. That i was no longer going to be your best friend," i reply.

"I know how you feel," he replies looking at the cafeteria. He was looking at Harry. I ignored it. For i didn't want to bring up that topic.

"I know i probably don't deserve this, but can you forgive me?" He says with tears running down his face.

I don't reply. I walk up to him and embrace him into a hug. He hugged me tightly. I missed this. I missed his smell and touch. It sucks tho. He's leaving tomorrow and we are barely making up right now.

"C'mon, the bell is going to ring soon," Pete says as we walk back to the cafeteria.

*Harry's POV*

"So how'd it go?" I ask

"Good," she replies wiping away some of the tears falling from her chocolate brown eyes.

"If it went good then why are you crying?" I ask caressing her cheek and wiping away some tears. She shows a small smile and looks up at me.

"We just discussed the problem," she said. Knowing the the problem was Peter forgetting about her.

*RING*

The bell rings and we head to our last two classes and then I drive her home.

Did she forgive peter? Does it really matter if she did or not? I mean, he is leaving tomorrow so she wont be able to see him that much anymore. But, if she forgives Peter that means that she could develop feeling for him. Which would mean Elena wouldn't be mine. These thoughts ran through my head as i drove and Elena slept.

~Arriving at Elena's house~

I get out of the car and slowly open the door. I unbuckle her seatbelt and hold her close in my arms.
I grab her bag and carry her bridal style to her house. I ring the door bell and her mother answers.

"Harry! It's so good to see you.Here, come in. Her room is upstairs. 4th door to the right," she says.

I slowly carry her and set her down in her bed. I pull the covers over her and look st her sleeping. Admiring the small things about her. I can't let her slip away from my fingers. I just can't. I love her too much to let that happen. I stand up and kiss her forehead and leave her house praying that everything will go right in the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HII!

So do you ship Elena and Peter OR Elena and Harry???

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

•comment
•vote😊