Chapter 12

"Ow ow ow!" I whispered in pain. I open my window an crawl into my room. I silently shut the window and took off my suit till it reached my hips. I leaned my head back and looked down at my side. He really got me.

I hold onto my bleeding side and try to find something's to heal it. The thing is, I didn't know what I was looking for. What would Elena do? What would Elena do? I repeat in my head. Remembering that Elena wasn't here to help me with my wounds. Gauze. That's the first thing that pop up in my head. I quickly go to the first aid kit underneath my bed and take out the gauze and alcohol. I hesitate to put the alcohol on my side. It's gonna hurt like hell. My shaky hand puts the cloth with alcohol onto my side and I grunt trying to hold in my scream. I pat it more and start wrapping the gauze around my side.

I fully take off my suit and put on some pajamas. I wash my face and hands and head go the kitchen. I'm starving. I grab a piece of pizza and a water and sit down on the stool next to the counter.

It's been 5 months since Aunt May and I have left Chicago and moved to Queens. School is alright. I have good grades as usual. I've become someone who protects New york city. Yeah..that happened. Anyways, I miss Elena. I miss her hair, her eyes, the way she sticks part of her tongue out when she's really focused, her cute laziness, and her smile. God. She didn't really smile much but when she did it was the most beautiful thing ever.

Everyday I wonder. What's Elena doing right now? Now don't get me wrong, I do call her from time to time, but not as much as I want to. Is she happy? Does she miss me? Would things be different between us if I had admitted to her that I loved her? Thoughts ran through my head until the kitchen light turned on.

"Peter what are you doing up?! It's 3:25AM. You should be in bed," aunt may says with her arms crossed.

"Um, sorry May. I couldn't sleep," i respond while looking down.

"Look. I understand that leaving Chicago was hard. I especially know that leaving Elena was hard," she replies. My head shoots up. Did she know about my feelings towards Elena?

"But, it's going to be alright. She won't forget about you and your guys is friendship," she continues as she pats my shoulder.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right," i say and take my last bite of the pizza.

"Night Aunt May," I say and head to bed. I close the door and slowly lay down on my bed and flip through the pictures on my phone. Elena and I. Elena and I at Disney World. Elena and I on her 10th birthday. Elena and I at six flags. Elena and I at the beach. Elena taking pictures at the beach. Elena with her dog. Elena and I in the snow. Elena and I. Elena and I. Elena and I.

I lock my phone and just think. What would she have said if I admitted my feelings towards her? How would things be if  we didn't move? What would've happened if Harry didn't come back? What if Elena only sees me as a friend? She probably does. What if... what if the next time I see her it's too late and her heart has been stolen from someone other than me? What if...

I look at the time. 3:45AM.

"I wonder.." i thought as I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I held my phone up to my ear and my heart stared beating as the phone was ringing.

"Hello?"

Her voice. Still has the same innocence behind it.