Chapter 24

"How long have you been like this?" I asked as I played with the sleeves of Peter's old Mathletes sweater.
"Since the day after the field trip to Oscorp," he replies.
A light laugh escapes my mouth out of shock and nervousness. I massage my temples as I try to process what's happening.
"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I ask
"I was scared. I didn't know how you would react," he replies with a sigh.
"I can't believe your Spider-man," I say with a small smile. My smile soon fades and my cheeks go red. My mind is suddenly rushed with the memories of my moments with Spider-man. The day he saved me from falling from my school. The day he took my on a trip around New york and got me tea. The day he danced with me on the balcony. Especially the day he talked about the girl he liked. I remember he said my name that day. My name. How could I have been so oblivious?! Peter was there the whole time. Right in front of me.
"We saw each other again before the run in incident," I say.
"Yeah," Peter replied.
I smiled as I thought of the moment of when he danced with me on the balcony.
"So you think I'm beautiful?" I ask as my cheeks grow red with embarrassment and I hide my idiotic smile. The color in Peters face rushes away and he starts to get a bit nervous.
"Umm.. I.. I...." he rubs the back of his neck as his cheeks go red and his smile is traced with nervousness.

*Peter's POV*

She remembers that moment. I should've just kept my mouth shut during our encounters. Then I wouldn't be a stuttering mess right now.
"Why didn't you tell me Pete?" She said. Pete. I could hear her call me that all day.
"I told you, I was scared. I didn't know-" she then cut me off with her head shaking.
"No Pete, I'm talking about you liking me," She replies. I start to think of that moment I told her. The day she couldn't fall asleep and stayed with her until she did.

"What's with the starring?" She mumbles as her eyes start to get heavy with sleep.

"Oh uhh.. Y-You just remind me of someone," I replied

"Do tell," she replied, mumbling with a smile.

"I was friends with her since I was little an-"

"Oooo.. A girl! Did spider-boy have a crush on her?!" She giggled.

I looked down," Just a little, ya know, maybe a little bit mo-, okay fine yes. I did have a crush on her. She was an amazing person though not many people knew that. She was such an introvert! She wasn't one to start conversations, you would have to go up to her and start it. She was my best friend. Well.. that is until I messed everything up." I fiddled with my fingers and looked around the room trying to avoid eye contact. " I lost her and now I will never know what could've happened if I had just TOLD HER. I wish I had told her how I felt. But I didn't and now I don't even know if she wants to talk to me anymore."
She put her hand onto the side of my mask and smiled
"You don't know that for sure. You should try and talk to her. Tell her how you feel. I'm sure she's an understanding person," She said as she slowly started to drift off into sleep.

"I didn't think I was good enough for you. And then I saw how happy you looked with Harry and I felt like I couldn't compete with Harry. He has the looks, money, he can take you to fancy restaurants and get you fancy gifts! What can I give you? I don't have a lot of money, I can't take you to fancy restaurants or buy you fancy gifts. All there is to me is me and..." the tears started to fall from my eyes as I let my emotions release. "I can't be the prince that you've always wanted. I'm just Peter Parker," I continued as I looked down trying to hide my vulnerability. I felt a hand touch my cheek and wipe away my tears. Elena puts her hands on both sides of my face and smiles as she wipes away all the fallen tears.
"Pete, you don't have to be rich. You don't have to take me out to fancy restaurants or buy me expensive gifts. You don't need any of that to be my prince. Peter, you're you and that's all that matters! You are such an amazing person and you deserve every good thing that comes to you," she says with a smile as a tear falls from her eye. I wipe it away. I hate to see her cry. She giggles as she looks down in embarrassment and holds my hands.
"I have had a crush on you for so long Pete. I've loved you for so long and I never stopped. You're everything a girl could dream of having in a guy! If anything, you're out of my league," she continues.
"Di..Did you just say l...l..love?" I stutter as the word spills from my mouth.
She smiles a does a small nod, "yeah Pete, I did."
My face grows an idiotic smile and my cheeks go pink. She loves me. A small chuckle escapes my mouth and I look up to see that we are both giggling with idiotic smiles.
"Umm.. ha ha.. Ican'tproperlyspeakrightnow. Umm.. can I ask you something Elena?" I nervously say with a smile. Nothing can ruin this now.
"Of course Peter," she replies. I touch her cheek and then enclose my hands around hers.
"Will..Ican'tbelievethisishappening!" I rush my words out with nervousness. Elena giggles, "just breath Peter." I take a deep breath and contain my nervousness.
"Will you be my girlfriend Elena?" I say as my eyes plead for a response.
"Of course Peter!" She says with excitement.
"That's great!" I blurt out with a smile.
I hold her face in my hands as our foreheads touch. We smiled and giggled as if we were little kids again. As my mind goes crazy and the adrenaline of nervousness fills my body I ask her a question.
"Can I kiss you?"
"Yes you adorable idiot!" She replies.
I lean in and soon enough our lips collide. Molding together perfectly as if they were pieces to a puzzle. Her back soon comes into contact with a wall and, before anything evolves into anything else, the hairs on body stand up as police sirens go off in the distance. Elena and I break our kiss and she looks up at me with a smile and bites her lip. God she's beautiful!
"Go get em Spidey," she says and I smile as I give her one last peck on the lips and swing away to be New York's friendly neighborhood Spider-man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DID YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER?
This is the fastest I have ever written a Chapter. Also, I entered this book in so the 2018 Wattys soo.. wish me luck!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Don't forget to comment 💬 and Vote ⭐️!
Love you all!💕💕