Chapter 16

*Elena's POV*

I sit at my desk as I finish typing my 3 page essay for my psychology class. I rub my eyes and look at the time: 1:45 AM. I yawn as I finish typing the last 10 words of my essay and close my computer. God college is stressful. I mean, I knew it wouldn't be easy but this is exhausting. I get up and brush my teeth. I look into the bathroom mirror to see a girl with dark brown hair in a messy bun, tired brown eyes, and very dark bags under her eyes from lack of sleep. I was a mess. I finish brushing my teeth and quickly wash my face. As I remove the towel from my face I notice a streak of red and blue pass by on the mirror. I turn around and look out the bathroom window only to see Spider-man swinging around the city. I lean on my hand and admire the view and my eyes slowly start to close.

"Now what are you doing falling asleep in the bathroom?" I hear a voice mention.
My vision was blurry as my eyes were conquered by the need of sleep. I felt two arms grab me and take me to what felt like was the couch.

"Don't want to freak out your boyfriend. I hope this is a comfortable couch," the voice says.
I try to open my eyes but everything is a blue and red blur.

"H-hey spidey," I mumble.

"Hey," he replies

"Isn't a bit late for you to be swinging around the city?" I mumble.

"Nah. I'm fine. My job is to keep New York and you safe," he replies as he gave my nose a tap.

He gets up and grabs a blanket from the arm rest of a sofa. He throws it on top of me and tucks me in.

"Sleep well," he says and turns to leave.

That is until I grab his wrist.

"Would you mind staying for a bit? Just until I fall back to sleep," I say.

He stares at me for a bit.

"Sure," he replies

He sits on the floor next to me and starts playing with my hair. He just stares at me as he leans his head on the side of the arm rest of the couch.

"What's with the starring?" I mumble as my vision starts to blur.

"Oh uhh.. Y-You just remind me of someone," he replies.

"Do tell," i reply mumbling with a smile.

"I was friends with her since I was little an-"

"Oooo.. A girl! Did spider-boy have a crush on her?!" I giggled.

He looked down," Just a little, ya know, maybe a little bit mo-, okay fine yes. I did have a crush on her. She was an amazing person though not many people knew that. She was such an introvert! She wasn't one to start conversations, you would have to go up to her and start it. She was my best friend. Well.. that is until I messed everything up." He fiddled with his fingers and looked around the room trying to avoid eye contact. " I lost her and now I will never know what could've happened if I had just TOLD HER. I wish I had told her how I felt. But I didn't and now I don't even know if she wants to talk to me anymore."

I put my hand onto the side of his mask and smile.

"You don't know that for sure. You should try and talk to her. Tell her how you feel. I'm sure she's an understanding person," I say slowly as I start to drift off into darkness.

"Goodnight Elena," I hear him whisper. The last part was softer.

Elena. When did I ever tell him my name?