Chapter 23

Knock knock knock
Elena held my hand as she knocked on Osborn's door. My cheeks gather a small tint of pink as I feel like I'm sixteen again and any small gesture or touch Elena made made my heart skip a beat. I try to get ignore the feeling in order to get rid of the color but it just made if worse, and Elena noticed. She looked at me worriedly.
"You okay there Pete?" She asked
"Y-yeah, just a bit nervous. We haven't seen Harry in a long time," I responded. Hopefully that saved me.
The door finally opens but we're greeted by someone unknown. His eyes were sunken, heavy bags, bloodshot eyes, and their hair was disheveled. We do know this person.
"Harry," I say with a small gasp.
Elena gives him a hug but he just stands there. Not really responding.
"Are you okay? We came to check if you're safe after the attack," Elena says.
"I'm fine Elena. Thank you guys for checking up on me," Harry responds with a small smirk.
"You sure your okay bud? "I ask. Something felt off about Harry.
"I'm sure Peter. C'mon in," he responds and lets us in. He closes the door and offers us some water. We take it and sit at the island.
"So how have things been doing at Oscorp?" Elena asks.
"Good. Business is banging and the board still hates my guts for no reason but.. what are you gonna do about it?" He replies with a shrug.
"Why don't they like you?"I ask.
"Apparently I'm too young to run Oscorp and don't deserve to sit where my father sat. I've changed the minds of some people of the board but there are a few more bugs that don't wanna budge," he replies with a small smirk as he takes a sip of his water.
"Well, they don't know how much of a killer you are at your job like I do so don't worry," I reply. " Also, I need to go to the bathroom. Where i-"
"Down the hall to the left," Harry says as he cuts me off.
I nod and walk away with the ill feeling still on my body.

*ELENA'S POV*
"You sure your doing fine Harry? I've know you for over 10 years, I can tell when something's wrong," I say as concern fills my voice.
"Same ol' Elena. You care about everyone," Harry says.
I give a nervous chuckle as I look down then look back up only to see Harry's Ice blue eyes filled with tears that are about to fall. I immediately go to hug him and he cries into my shoulder.

"I'm dying Elena," he sobs.

My eyes go wide and tears start to form. I move away and look at Harry with shock.
"W-when did you find out?" I ask as tears start to travel down my cheeks.
"When my dad passed. He passed away knowing about the Osborn curse and didn't decide to fucking tell me until He was taking his last goddamn breath!" Harry shouted with a sob.
"I don't understand? What is the Osborn curse?" I say as I shake my head trying to process what was happening.
"Apparently it gets passed on through genetics. There's no cure, so far. Oscorp has been trying to find a cure but I don't think they'll be able to find anything," Harry replies.
     Tears keep falling from my face and I try to regulate my breathing. I walk up to Harry and place my hands on both sides of his face. He leans into my right hand and holds it as he cries.
"They'll find something Harry. No matter what happens, know that I will always be there for you and I will always care about you," I say with a smile. Harry smiles and soon starts to wipe away his tears.
"Don't tell Peter, please. He doesn't need anymore deaths in his life," Harry says. I nod my head as I wipe away my tears.
We hear a door open and Peter walks into the living room. I look at Peter and then look back at Harry.
"Well, we're gonna go. Hope you feel better," I say and Harry nods and waves goodbye to Peter and I.
"Bye Harry," Peter says as he waves back as we leave the apartment. Harry closes the door and then it's just Peter and I again.

*Peter's POV*

As we walk out of the building the silence was enclosing us faster by the minute. You would think that after what happened today we would have a lot to talk about, but that wasn't the case. I shove my hands into the pockets of my jean jacket and look down at the floor as I continue to keep kicking the rock in front of me until It ends up getting too far for me to kick. Elena and I walked in silence until she spotted a small carnival.
"C'mon Pete! Maybe this will brighten out moods today!" Elena says brightly with a smile as she grabs my hand and leads me to the carnival.
I pay for our tickets and Elena rushes to a football booth with big baby blue teddy bear prizes hanging from it. I walk up to Elena and smile.
"I can win it for you if you want?" I ask.
"Peter, you hated sports in high school. Especially football," she replies.
A small smirk rises onto my lips, "well, things have changed. So I, Peter Benjamin Parker, will win you, Elena Martinez, that giant teddy bear," I say as I pay the girl at the booth $5.

The girl hands me a football and Elena watches as I begin to aim the football at the ring. I smile as I throw the ball straight into the hoop. As more and more footballs are handed to me, each one ended up through the rings. In the corner of my eye I saw Elena look at me in shock as I won.
"Congratulations!" The girl at the booth said. "Pick your prize!" She continued.
I pointed to the giant teddy bear and she took it down and handed it to me. I grabbed it and thanked her has I walked closer to Elena and handed her the bear.
"One giant teddy bear for Elena Martinez as promised," I say.

With a big smile she grabs the bear and hugs it tightly. Her mouth was wide open in shock.
"What happened to the Peter I knew in high school?!" She says with a smile and a look of shock on her face.
I chuckled and put my arm around her shoulder as we began to walk.
"I told you, things have changed," I replied. She laughed and we started walking towards the Ferris wheel. I gave the guy our tickets and we sat in the seats as Elena placed the big bear next to her by the edge of the seat.

The ride began to move and Elena put her head on my shoulder and looked at the view of the city. The city lights sparkled and the smell of carnival food stained the air. A breeze came about which made Elena cuddle into my side more. I would be lying if I said that my heart wasn't going crazy. It was relaxing moments like these that made my time with Elena more special.
"Pete," Elena said.
"Yes?" I replied.
"Did you miss me when you left to Queens?" She asked.
My brows scrunched in confusion, "of course. You're my best friend. We've know each other since we were little. Why would you ask something like that?" I replied. She solely responded by shrugging her shoulders and distracting herself by playing my my fingers.
I closed my hand around hers and took a deep breath. We stopped at the top and I decided that I was finally going to tell her.
"H-Hey, I need to tell you something," I say as I begin to stutter.
"Shoot," she replied as she lifted her head off my shoulder and looked at me.
"I...I like you Elena," I say as my nervousness entangled my words and I look down at my lap.
"I like you too Pete," she replied. She wasn't understanding what I was saying.
"No Elena. I mean I like like you... In fact, I'm enamored by you," I say look up from my lap and into Elena's brown eyes. She blinks a few times and a small smile cracks from her lips.
"Peter I- OH MY GOD!" She screams.

The ferris wheel shakes violently and I grasp onto Elena's hand. The hairs on my body stand up and I look down to see that what keeps the Ferris wheel moving is jammed and smoke is coming out of it. People scream as the Ferris wheel keeps shaking. Why now!? I can't change into Spider-man now! I check my surroundings and then look at Elena. She's gonna hate me for this.
"We need to climb down," I say in a panic. She immediately shakes her head as tears start to form in her eyes.
"Please Elena! We need to climb down! Trust me, I got you," I say.

The seats swing back and forth as we start to move. Slowly I begin to climb out and grabbing onto a part of the structure of the ferris wheel. I hold on tightly and stick out my hand for Elena to grab. She start to slide over but then immediately retracts.
"I can't- I can't do it Peter," she says.
"Elena. Elena look at me! You can do it, I know you can. Just keep looking at me, okay? Don't pay attention to anything else just look at me," I say.

She slides back over to me and starts to slowly climb out. Good, good, good. She reaches out to grab my hand but it soon disappears as the ferris wheel shakes and she slips from the seat and falls. She screams and the screams of others fill my ears as she falls.

Elena's POV*
I scream as gravity begins to pull me to the ground faster and faster. I close my eyes as I await my death until my body jolts to a stop. I hear cheers and I open my eyes to see a web attached to my waist. I immediately grab the web and look up. Peter?! He begins to pull me up and my breathing starts going back to normal. Once Peter brings me up he pulls me into a tight hug and his tears soak my sweater.
"Hold on okay?" He whispers in my ear.

Although my mind was running wild trying to process what just happened and what I had just found out about Peter, I nod as he hides his face in my neck and swings us far away from the Ferris wheel and back to his place where I could hopefully find my answers to all of my raving questions.

~~~~~~
I hope you liked this chapter! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY THAT I TOOK SOOOOO LONG TO UPDATE!
I had SAT testing to get ready for and I was starting to go through writers block and just... things we're starting to get hectic.
Again, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
*comment💬
*Vote⭐️
I LOVE YOU ALL!! 💕❤️💕