Chapter 1

I looked down at this white bag "freedom" it didn't even have to be outlined, the sounds of bars locking and closing ranged constantly "Inmate 14798" That was my name while locked up behind Maryland Correctional Prisons for 5 years, I said fuck it and took the plea bargain, I was charged with 1st degree robbery. It was hard times then, I stole and someone robbed it back, leaving me with nothing. My daughter Amiya was put out of daycare because I couldn't afford to pay for her day care, and her mother was somewhere getting high. I didn't know who was coming to pick me up all my niggas vanished except for Twista, the sun was out and I just felt a sense of euphoria, cars passed by me and I was just happy to be out, I seen others unite with their families but like I said I was just happy to be out.

My cell mate paul waved at me while he was stepping into the car "Aye Adrian if you need a ride anywhere let me know." he yelled "nah I'm good thanks bruh, I'll call you when I can." He then nodded and got into the car. A white BMW pulled up with tinted windows, I squinted just to get a good look of who it maybe, the windows winded down there was a brown skin female with short curly hair. "get in." I got into the car and looked at her, she had a black tight fitting dress on with black sunglasses, she glanced at me "Oh so you don't miss me?" I was then shocked this shit was not happening, "Shanice?" I yelled in shock.

"Do not act like you don't remember me." She then pulled off, she threw a paternity test on my lap. I had a one night stand with Shanice because she was looking good in her orange g string and string bra, I took her back home to my place and fucked her giving her all the dick power I had, but I forgot to use a condom, she stayed in touch from time to time even visited me, but I never gave a fuck about this chick. "it aint mine." she then stopped the car and gave me the evil eye, "I picked your ass up, I visited you, I called you when I could just so you could know that I actually fucking care, the proof is in the pudding, It's niggas like you that deny all the way to the babies hair follicles." she then slammed on the breaks "You know what get the fuck out my car, I don't know why i wasted time on you." "whoa whoa wait, aha we can talk about this Shanice."

"fuck no, get out my car." I sat there and thought about that long ass walk to my moms house. "Just pull off bruh..." "No." I chuckled and looked at the paper "Aight so I got a son.....what he look like?" "he look like you....just like you, I even dreaded his hair so it can be like yours." was my dick that good, she was infatuated with a nigga. She then pulled off, she talked about him being on a little league foot ball team, and how he was doing good in school.

"What's his name?" "His name is Hezekiah...means strength from God....but anyway you're gonna settle in at my house, and i'll take you to see Twista tomorrow." "How you know about Twista?" "He got in touch after that last visit with me and you." I shook my head "Nah, I aint tryna see him right now." "This aint about your-" "Don't sit up here and act like you know me, you still a hoe." she laughed and pulled up to this big ass house with a two door car garage, it was in a nice quiet neighborhood. "You have too many niggas out here looking for your ass knowing you just got out of prison, I would advise you to watch who the fuck you talking to."

Shanice got out of the car and walked into the house. I grabbed my white bag and followed behind her. A little boy ran after her "MOMMY." he yelled in happiness wrapping his arms around her. "Say hi to your father." He then looked at me he ran up and hugged me tight I gave him the same embrace I couldn't reject him he looked Just like me. I then picked him up "waddup lil man, I heard so much about you." I then tickled him "Ms-" I ran into a little hyper girl that almost knocked me over "Whoa- A" she looked up at me with the same pretty big brown eyes that looked at me when she was born, she was now 8 she had her hair in a bun with a pink ribbon.

My eyes got really watery, "You remember me?" I asked her and she gave me a puzzled look "Who are you?" she asked me "And why do you have my brother in your arms." Shanice walked right behind me "Amiya this is your father Adrian, and Adrian-" "I know who my daughter is."

Amiya then hugged me tightly and started to cry "MMMOMMY SAID YOU DIED, AND AND AND I TRIED TO FIND YOU AND YOU WEREN'T THERE." she cried, I put Hezekiah down and hugged Amiya tightly "shh shh, I'm here now, it's been too long we've been apart, but no more." I held her until she couldn't cry no more "You promise?"

Me and Amiya caught up on her child hood memories, It was good to see my kids, but I hated the fact that I lost all those good years of my children memories, not any longer. I washed up and changed into some different clothes. I wore a wife beater and some cargo shorts, I then tied my dreads up Adrian was back.

Shanice was laid in her bed with a headwrap on and some boy shorts with a spaghetti strap tank top, she was on the phone talking with someone so I decided to rub her bare thigh. "ya girl, mhmm...I'm mhmm Imma call you back, Adrian just walked in." she then hung up the phone and looked up at me pushing my hand off her thigh "You might've came back, but it's no the same, I am not gonna be your hop on hop off, besides you broke an I don't do broke niggas."

I chuckled knowing that it was true, and I haven't been broke in a while. "You looking good in them shorts ma." "mhmm thankyou...so I guess you wonder how Amiya is with me... well your crack-" I glared at her "Your baby mama left her with Twista when she was 3 knowing twista have kids of his own, and he sent her with me, shes been staying here ever since and I love her like my own, However you've reunited with your fam, It's time to get to business."