Chapter 1

Chapter 1 | Free

"UBT-001, it's finally the time for you to be released and tested. I will now stop your oxygen transfer," Faba, the branch chief, said as Lusamine walked in the laboratory.

"Faba, you forgot the liquid in the capsule. Wouldn't want the laboratory to be flooded, right?" the president remarked sassily.

"Right, madam. I will dispose of the liquid."

-

"Welcome UBT-001. My name is Wicke, I'll be your caretaker from now on," Wicke, the assistant branch chief, welcomed UBT in the secret lab B.

"Let's start by giving you a name. You need a human name," Wicke carefully examined her, searching for ideas. It didn't take her very long, she came up with one instantly.

"How about (Name)? I think it suits you really well," the chief to smiled herself as the artificial intelligence's lips curved up and nodded.

"(Name), you don't have to do anything here in the foundation. You can wander around and use the elevator, but do not go to the entrance area. You can't be revealed to the public. I hope you understand," she said, while (Name) nodded again, not daring to use her voice.

"Alright, I'll show you the floors and how to use the elevator. If you would follow me."

-

"And finally the last floor, the conservation area. This is where the endangered Pokémon live for now," Wicke explained as she waved at a random Corsola in the river. [Name] smiled upon the sight of the cheery Corsola as it cried in happiness.

"I will now leave you to roam around. You can find me at the secret lab B anytime. Have fun!"

[Name] watched Wicke leave her in the conservation area as the Corsola hopped a bit closer to her. It now was near the bridge, crying in happiness at her. The girl nervously waved as she had never interacted with Pokémon before.

After playing with Corsola, she left it to its own things and explored some more. Some voices came from the north of the small river, so she decided to take a look. It was one female and two male voices.

[Name] approached them in a quiet manner, not making any sounds with her footsteps.

"Oh, [Name]! Nice to see you. Please allow me to introduce them. These boys are Hau and Sun, two Pokémon trainers currently trying to complete the island trials and defeat the kahunas," Lusamine said, waving her hand to signal [Name] to come over. She shyly glanced up from the ground and examined them. The boy with dark green hair seemed cheerful, but the ravenette was as quiet as her.

"U-Uhm, hello," This was the first time she ever spoke, even the president had a speechless expression. To her, the young girl's voice was like heaven, it fascinated her. One more reason to love her adorable little creation.

"Hiya! My name's Hau and this is Sun!" Hau exclaimed a bit too loud, man, she could feel the cheerful aura radiating off him. Sun on the other side muttered a small 'Hello' and tried to calm his friend down.

Seeing [Name] has got nothing to do here, she thought she would explore the basements more. She glanced at Lusamine and said an almost inaudible 'Goodbye'. Her next destination was the secret labs, Wicke told her there were many interesting protocols and books to read, so [Name] wanted to give it a try.

-

[Name] found her love for reading after reading several protocols about 'Type:Full', which later changed to 'Type:Null'. She knew everything about the artificial pokémon, and they even shared one thing, being artificial.

[Name] later then went to Wicke to ask what happened to 'Type:Null', only to find out a boy named Gladion said to have stolen one of the three and has never been seen again. The girl thought about his reasons to steal it, but shook her head in dissatisfaction.

After confronting Wicke about it, [Name] read some books about Alola, its island trials and kahunas. It was quite interesting to learn more about this region, she, if she had permission, would try to complete the trials.

Unfortunately Lusamine wouldn't let her leave the Paradise, [Name] was an expensive experiment and she wouldn't want her hurting herself in the wilderness.

[Name] took some books from Wicke's library and headed to her room, hopped onto the bed and continued to read her heart out. It was then until she got a sudden call from her earpiece the president gave her in case something happens.

"[Name], dear. Please meet me at the secret labs," Lusamine's voice rang through her ear.