Chapter 7

Chapter 7 | Lillie

[Name] walked through the whole arena just to get one seat, but apparently every seat was already taken. She frantically looked around, hoping to find one seat before the battle starts.

There was a seat next to a blonde girl, similar to Gladion's, so [Name] walked as fast as she could over to her.

"U-Uhm...Is this s-seat free?" she shyly asked. The girl nodded and held her big bag tightly. [Name] sat down and sighed, releasing all her stress out.

"We're in the Battle Royal Dome, the arena for Battle Royals. The dome is packed and filled with excitement!" the announcer said, causing the whole dome to cheer in excitement.

"Now here come the contenders!"

"In the green corner, Pokémon Trainer Sun sent out Torracat!"

"In the yellow corner, Pokémon Trainer Hau sent out Dartrix!"

"In the red corner, Pro Wrestler The Royal sent out Rockruff!"

"In the blue corner, Team Skull Gladion sent out Type:Null!"

Everyone cheered for them, some were confused about the strange Pokémon Type:Null, and some just ate their food in peace.

"The Battle Royal starts now!" the announcer finished and a bell ring was heard.

[Name] was excited for the battle, she never saw something like this before. She gripped her backpack, which was on her lap, tightly in excitement as her eyes started to sparkle. She looked at Torracat and Dartrix, who were excited to battle each other again. Then she glanced at Rockruff, who barked cutely and spun in a circle.

At last she watched Type:Null roar a bit too angry and stomp its feet as it landed on the ground. Her eyes wandered to Gladion, who didn't look like he wanted to be here. Their eyes suddenly met for a moment as Gladion glared at her, raising his hand to do his signature pose. He watched her turn away from him as he noticed the girl next to her.

"What is she doing here?" he asked no one in particular, causing Null to look at him in worry.

The blonde girl noticed Gladion looking at [Name] and studied her for a bit.

'Do they know each other?' She thought.

The blonde decided to strike a conversation with her, even if it would begin very awkwardly.

"S-So, who are you rooting for? I think the Masked Royal will win," She asked, silently praying [Name] would answer her.

[Name] turned to her and smiled, answering her question with: "I-I'm rooting for Sun, I t-think he's v-very brave and s-strong."

"O-Oh really? Now that you say that, his Torracat looks really strong...," she told [Name], agreeing with her choice. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself,"

"My name's Lillie, nice to meet you."

[Name] smiled in return, she thought Lillie was a nice girl, she could trust her. "I'm [N-Name]." She held her hand out for Lillie to shake, because she once read that that's considered a friendly gesture. A warm hand embraced hers, waving up and down.

-

Lillie and [Name] went to the Malasada shop after watching the match. They became good friends and knew almost everything about each other. Of course [Name] told Hau and Sun she would part from them for a short period, but she was sure they meet again shortly.

"Do you wanna go to Heahea City, for you know, the boutique? I know a shortcut to it," Lillie asked her, finishing her Malasada and standing up, fixing her sunhat. [Name] nodded and returned Blanc back to her Poké Ball.

"L-Let's go..."

-

Short chapter, I apologize.

AND OMG LUSAMINE AND GLADION IN THE ANIME IM FREAKING OUT

GLADION WAS SO CUTE AS A KID ASDFGHJKL

-soyoo