Chapter 10

Chapter 10 | Clear

"Wha-?!" Lillie turned around, widening her eyes in shock as Lusamine's lips parted. The president repositioned herself as she watched the scene in front of her in curiosity.

"Y...you came? You actually came to help me, Sun?" the blonde breathed out, still in shock as she spotted the person behind Sun. "[Name]?"

'So it was true what Mother told me...,' Lillie thought, averting her gaze from the artificial human.

"Hmm. So you know each other? A gifted trainer like Sun and a wonderful and successful experiment like [Name]... And they bother with someone like you? How disappointing," Lusamine let out a weary sigh, shaking her head in dissatisfaction as Sun faced [Name], his blush slowly increasing.

'[Name]...isn't human?' he couldn't believe it, a pure and innocent creature like her can't be on Lusamine's side. However, he decided to shrug his love problems off and concentrate on saving Nebby.

"I don't need your approval, Mother! Or your permission! I will save Cosmog!" Lillie stepped forward in anger as her facial expression turned into a serious one.

"My... You do say such incomprehensible things." the president said with a little bit of an attitude. "Calling me mother? I don't have any children besides [Name]! She cannot even be compared to any of those wretched children who would run away and reject my love!" Lusamine said, almost shouting. She held a rather disgusted expression as she laughed rather maniacally.

"So tell me how you'll save that Pokémon. What can you do, Lillie? You failed to convince to listen to you. You don't even have the strength of a Trainer,"

"The only thing that you've ever done on your own is steal someone else's research material!"

Lillie's head hung low as she thought about what she had done. Was it the right thing to do? She didn't know.

Lusamine turned away from her daughter, clearly disgusted by her presence.

"You're not beautiful enough for my world...but fine. Since you're here anyway, you can watch me summon my sweet beast. And then...you can leave."

Lillie decided to snap out of it and face forward, telling her mother her opinion.

"I'm not being foolish or selfish..."

"I'm asking you to listen, Mother! Do not sacrifice Cosmog for that beast's sake! If you open the Ultra Wormhole, Cosmog will... Cosmog will die!"

The president ignored Lillie's argument as she walked to the teleporter that leads to the lab [Name] was created in. Lillie looked at her in shock as [Name] decided to follow Lusamine, despite being in this mess right now. She escaped Sun's grip on her wrist and followed her creator, stopping right next to her.

"[Name]!" Sun shouted in disbelief. The fact that [Name] obeyed Lusamine, he couldn't face it.

"You're right...it probably will die," Lusamine paused for a moment, "Because I'm going to force it to use its power whether it wants to or not!"

Lusamine stepped onto the green teleporter on the ground as she turned around one last time.

"Maybe if you really had been a daughter to me, I would have listened to you...," her lips rose into a smirk, "Too bad." And with that, she disappeared into thin air.

[Name] also stepped onto the teleporter, not even bothering to turn around to say goodbye.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

-

"Sun... I'm really happy that you came after me...but...but...I have to be selfish again... I have to ask you one more time... Please..."

"Help me! Help Nebby! We have to save Nebby!"

---

I'm getting the Popplio plush on Monday yay

-soyoo