Chapter 13

Chapter 13 | Lab Accident

By using Cosmog's body, Lusamine started the process of opening the portal to the rumored Ultra Dimension. A bright blue-ish light emitted in the middle of the facility, almost blinding the present people. Strange noises that sounded Pokémon-like echoed through the laboratory as the Wormhole had finally revealed itself.

"Finally..," Lusamine whispered, astonished by the massive size of the portal as she stood still to admire the work she put so much effort into.

The wormhole appeared very interesting and picked up everyone's attention. It had a weird white grid pattern inside of it and was the color of the cloudless sky, it almost looked like the stairway to heaven, although the screams coming from it destroyed the illusion immediately.

(This is where I make most of the dialogue up to give this book my own spice ;))

"...Nebby!" Lillie screeched, dashing forward on the ground to catch Cosmog, which had been trapped in a deep slumber. A sigh of relief escaped her rosy lips when she successfully caught the sleeping Pokémon. Instead of being a fluffy space cloud, Cosmog's appearance changed drastically, it looked like a polished evolution stone with a face carved into it.

"Now, come with me, Guzma, [Name]." Before letting herself be engulfed by the portal, Lusamine made sure to get a hold of her Poké Balls, just in case of an emergency. "Outta my way, kiddos!" the familiar voice of the leader of Team Skull exclaimed, roughly pushing the speechless teenagers to the side. He quickly made a huge leap and vanished into the hole before it could close.

Meanwhile, the machine that contained [Name] started to malfunction due to the Ultra Wormhole's strong presence and released little sparks of electricity endangering the female's life. According to the president's plan, [Name] should have been healthy and immediately follow after, but that sadly had never happened. Having paid no attention to [Name] during her chat with her apparent family and the Island Challengers in the secret laboratory, Lusamine thought the machine would only extract the special 'blood' she injected into [Name] while finishing her up.

But no one seemed to notice.

Right after the wormhole had closed, everyone fell into silence, speechless from all the events happening so quickly. Well, everyone except for the clueless Hau, who seemed to be still confused about the situation.

"Is it the end? Will everything still be okay?" Lillie whispered out, clutching the sleeping Nebby tightly as she stared at the floor in horror. Millions of questions swirled in her mind, ready to trouble her thoughts anytime. Sun, who had witnessed everything as well, at first shook his head in denial, he couldn't believe it. Although it didn't affect him as much as Lillie did, he still was speechless from the fascinating Ultra Wormhole. He tried denying the fact that other Ultra Wormholes could appear in Alola and disrupt the peace the people shared.

"Solgaleo and Lunala can still help get to the Ultra Dimension," Gladion spoke, facing everyone. "But that's not an easy task." Upon hearing her sibling's words, Lillie tensed up, her firm grip on Nebby tightening.

"We have to save Mother... She can't be gone forever!" Lillie begged her dear brother, her hat falling off when she whipped her head around. The gem, aka Nebby was dropped onto the cold floor.

"The Altar of Sunne and Moone... You could start there," Gladion, despite his sister yelling at him, calmly stated, placing his hands on his hips. "I can't join you though."