Chapter 6

Chapter 6 | Battle Royal

"I need to talk you, now."

-

Gladion and [Name] sat in the Malasada shop, while their Pokémon were munching happily on their Malasadas.

"Are you from the Æther Foundation? If so, what's your mission?" Gladion started off, sipping on his water. [Name] wasn't sure if she was allowed to tell him, but felt like she could trust him for now.

"I-I'm UBT-001, an artificial human created by Lusamine and Faba. A-Apparently I'm made for a certain reason, but t-they haven't told me. Unfortunately I-I can't tell you about my mission," [Name] told him, scared if something would happen to her. Gladion seemed satisfied by her answer, suddenly standing up rather angry and returned his Pokémon.

"How annoying..." He turned around and threw some money on the table, leaving [Name] and her Pokémon. A sigh escaped her lips as she stood up and paid for the food.

-

'When are they going to arrive?' [Name] thought as she played with Blanc in the Royal Avenue. She thought it was beautiful here, the bushes had a nice shade of pink, many trainers come to just play with their Pokémon.

"Eevee!" Blanc cried out as she played with Faux. Luckily no one paid attention to Faux, despite it being an unusual Pokémon no one had ever seen before.

[Name] was about to stand up and leave the town to search for them, but they came as if Arceus itself called them.

"Hiya [Name]!" Hau skipped towards her, waving his shiny Waterium Z in his hand. "We've completed the trial!"

"...C-Congratulations, Hau, Sun," [Name] was really happy for them. "Y-You should try out the B-Battle Royale. It's in that Dome o-over there...," the girl suggested, sure that they'll win there. Hau and Sun looked at the Dome.

"Maybe we should! Come on, Sun! Let's go!" Hau dashed towards the Dome in full speed as Sun was left in the dust. "Not again..."

[Name] giggled, returned her Pokémon and stood up. "L-Let's go, Sun."

Sun looked at her shocked. "Sin-" [Name] got the idea and interrupted him. "N-No, I'm going to watch you g-guys." A relieved sigh was heard as an answer.

They walked towards the Dome, but stopped after seeing a certain blonde stand in front it.

"Hmph. Why do I do this...Every time something brings me down, I end up coming right back here again...," Gladion muttered to himself.

"Hey [Name]? Isn't that the guy from Route 5?" Sun asked, not entirely sure if it is. "I-I think so."

"Come on, Null. Let's go bury our sorrow in the crowd," and with that, he entered the Dome.

-

The duo walked into the Dome, but couldn't see Hau anywhere. [Name] decided to head to the spectator area, as she was about to go, a masked man stopped Sun and her.

"Glad you could make it!" the man said as he walked down the stairs.

"D-Do you by any chance k-know him?" [Name] whispered quietly, but Sun shook his head.