Chapter 2

Chapter 2 | Paniola Town

"Understood."

-

[Name] slowly packed her stuff like several medical stuffs for Pokémon, Poké Balls and some clothes in a backpack, which was as white as her hair.

She also went to put her new clothes Lusamine gave her on, which consisted of a mix of the Æther Foundation uniform and casual clothing.

After changing, [Name] went to the secret labs to meet Wicke, who would give her her first Pokémon. On the outside the quiet girl held an indifferent expression, but on the inside she couldn't hold her joy.

'Is that what feelings are?' she thought to herself, greeting few employees on the way.

Finally arriving at the secret lab B, Wicke politely greeted her. In her hand was a Luxury Ball, [Name] curiously stared at it.

"You're here for the Pokémon right? It's an Eevee, I'm sure it will suit you well," Wicke smiled as she handed [Name] the ball, which she gladly took. "What do you wanna name it?"

[Name] shortly thought about it, but gave it the name Blanc.

"Now, good luck on your mission!"

-

[Name] happily walked out the lab and headed towards the elevator, but stopped because of a weird noise. It came from the secret lab A, the curious girl quietly opened the door, checking if someone was there.

Turns out it was unattended, so [Name] stepped in and looked around. The noise came from the next room, [Name] opened the door cautiously.

"Roar!!" a pokémon, better said Type:Null cried out right when [Name] opened the door.

'I thought it was three Type:Null they created, and one got stolen. Where's the third one?"

Null squirmed around as it tried to break the chains around his feet. [Name] couldn't take it anymore and removed the chains as it snuggled against her cheek.

"S-S-Stop..." [Name] awkwardly held it in an embrace as it continued to cuddle her.

[Name] decided to take Type:Null with her, not knowing the consequences that would hit her.

There was a Poké Ball on the table, [Name] assumed it was Null's poké ball and took it.

"F-Faux," she suddenly said, making Null perk its head up. "I-I-t's your n-new name..."

"Roarr!!" Faux cried in happiness as it snuggled its head against her cheek again.

-

"Good luck, dear. I hope you complete your mission," Lusamine frowned at the thought of [Name] leaving. What if something happens and [Name] gets hurt or even dies?

[Name] walked towards the teleporter of Lusamine's lab, until she stopped her.

"Be careful, the world's cruel," the president warned her before she touched the teleporter.

-

[Name] let Blanc and Faux out, watching them look around in excitement and curiosity. Lusamine sent her to the famous Paniola Town, a town that was western themed. It was quite nice there, but the land breeze hit the poor girl and she let out a tiny sneeze, worrying her pokémon. She shook her head and petted Blanc and Faux.

'The president said to find the two boys. They should be here somewhere...'

[Name] walked around, admiring the city in awe. It was more lively than the foundation. She immediately took a liking to Alola.

"Pikachu, use Electro Ball!"

"Torracat, dodge and use Fire Fang."

[Name] turned around and saw said two boys, currently having a friendly battle between their Pokémon. Hau's Pikachu did a little hop and threw an electric ball from his tail. But Sun's Torracat swiftly dodged it and tackled Pikachu, biting him with fire fang.

The battle went on and on, [Name] stood behind a building and watched them command their Pokémon. It fascinated her, the way the Pokémon didn't just fight for the trainer, they seemingly enjoyed it.

The battle came to an end, with Sun being the winner. Hau complained childishly, but promised himself to get stronger and not to forget having fun in battles.

[Name] could see that they were great friends. She wondered what it's like to have many friends and enjoy life. But she couldn't get distracted from her real mission Lusamine gave her.

Seeing their battle was over, [Name] slowly approached them, not before returning Faux to its Poké Ball, in case it catches some attention. Blanc happily hopped behind [Name] and made some happy cries along the way.

The two boys noticed some footsteps and turned around.

"Oh hiya [Name]!"