Chapter 5

Chapter 5 | Pokémon Battle

"G-Good luck on your trials! I-I'll wait for you in the R-Royal Avenue...," [Name] sadly had to part from Hau and Sun for a while, because they had to complete the trial. [Name] didn't want to go with them, so she decided to head to the Royal Avenue alone. She silently hoped no trainers would find her.

'Route 6 should be the opposite way...There it is,' [Name] saw a sign that read 'Route 6 aka Straight Street'.

In corner of her eyes she could see a young trainer on her left, so she easily avoided him. She walked further until she some sort of entrance, she assumed it was for the Royal Avenue.

Unfortunately people blocked the way, so [Name] decided to see what's going on. There was Mudsdale and a little female, and on the other side were two Team Skull Grunts.

The Mudsdale suddenly turned around at the sound of [Name]'s footsteps. "Ni-hiii!"

"You there, Trainer. Can you come to my aid? Over here," the black haired female asked.

"Yo, yo, yo! Don't go turning your backside on us!" the grunt told the female.

'I can't battle...But I have to try someday...," [Name] nervously thought, looking at the ground and playing with the sand.

"These scoundrels are Pokémon thieves," the ravenette started,"I'm Hapu. Life in the big city sure is something else. Pokémon thieves roam around brazenly...Hmm, I leave that one to you."

"We're not thieves, yo! It's a legitimate business!" the grunt corrected.

'Okay, you can do this [Name]! You can help Hapu!' [Name] boosted her own self confidence up to not give up.

"Go Drowzee!" the grunt sent out his male Drowzee.

"G-Go Blanc!" [Name] decided to fight with Blanc instead of Faux, because Faux would catch to much attention. She knew Eevee were faster than Drowzee, so she chose to use Bite instead of Swift.

"B-Blanc, use Bite on Drowzee...Make sure it doesn't dodge..!"

-

[Name]'s artificial heart stopped beating for a moment when she defeated the opposing Drowzee. She returned Blanc to her Poké Ball.

"These tears taste like salt, yo! It's all your fault, yo!" the grunt's friend complained.

Suddenly Mudsdale let out a growl as Hapu asked: "Mudsdale, shall we stomp these scoundrels? It'll be a mess to clean up afterward, but I am willing if you are."

The grunt's eyes widened. "Time for us to break out, yo! Gotta tell y'all to peace out, yo!" And so the grunts escaped and Hapu turned to you.

"I've got to thank you for that. Give me your name, Trainer," Hapu requested, grateful for [Name] to have beaten those grunts.

"U-Uhm, it's [Name]...," she shyly said, glancing at Hapu for a brief moment. "[Name], eh? That's a fine name. I like the way you handled yourself in battle," Hapu kindly gave [Name] a compliment.

"Mudsdale and I are always wandering all about Alola to try to achieve our goals, so perhaps we'll meet again someday. I am indebted to you for your aid, after all. Farewell, [Name]," Hapu said as she hopped onto Mudsdale and rode away.

[Name] let out a sigh. 'You did good [Name].' Now it's time for her to get some rest and eat something. Perhaps there's a Malasada shop?

But first the girl went to the Pokémon Center to heal Blanc up, and maybe buy some Revives and Potions, because she gave half of them to Gladion.

She went up to Nurse Joy and gave her Blanc as she took her and went to the nursery room. [Name] sat herself down at the waiting area and silently read the book she got from Wicke.

-

"Zzz..."

"Hey, you. Wake up."

"Mmh..?"

[Name] slowly opened her eyes. She had been sleeping the entire time, Blanc was already on her lap, sleeping peacefully. She looked up to see who's talking to her, it was no one other than Gladion himself.

"A-Ah I'm sorry what...," [Name] panicked, blushed and looked down to the floor, embarrassed that he saw her dozing off like that.

Gladion sighed. "You shouldn't be sleeping in a Pokémon Center while you wait for your Pokémon, you even drooled on your book," Gladion mentioned as [Name] looked at her book shocked.

"Wicke would be so mad...," [Name] muttered quietly, but loud enough for Gladion to hear it.

"Wicke...Haven't seen her in a long time. Anyways, I need to talk you, now."