Chapter 6 - An Unexpected Reunion

"Come on Ender. We really must get going." Valentine stood impatiently outside of Ender's individual barrack.

She had been waiting there for at least a good twenty minutes, and frankly, Ender did not have that much stuff. So, it was a mystery as to why he was taking so long.

"Give me a second." His voice came from within the closed room. "You are always in a hurry."

Valentine slumped against the wall, clearly annoyed. She slung her medium sized military backpack off of her shoulder, and rested it on the floor thinking that they were going to be a while.

Yet, the door opened only a couple of minutes later.

"Seriously though, Valentine. If you do this the entire trip, I might have to parachute out of the plane. We don't have to go until 0900."

His older sister gave him a glare before realizing what took him so long. As he disembarked from the room, he looked completely different. Not him, per-say but his clothing.

"Do you like it?" Ender turned to his sister's obviously amused face.

He looked down at his attire as well, and grinned. He was now wearing a pair of shiny black steel toe combat boots, some navy blue cargo pants with multiple pockets, a navy blue military jacket with a black stripe on the collar, and some very thick navy blue gloves. On top of that, his many military badges were hung graciously on top of his jacket, and underneath, not that Valentine could see, was a layer of bullet proof clothing that protected his chest, stomach, and lower neck. Plus, he wore a thick black backpack, that acted as another layer protecting his back.

"It looks awfully professional, I'll give you that." She had a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Mazer had it delivered to my room an hour ago." He added. "Your gear should be on the plane."

Valentine became serious at this. "Are you afraid that I would have taken too long?"

"Frankly, yes." Ender smiled mockingly. "So now I do not have to wait."

"Oh good for you." She nudged him in the arm with her elbow before picking up her bag, and persisted to walk ahead of him in the hall.

"You know the plane is the other way?" Ender called out to her.

"I know." She turned around and met his gaze. "But I thought we should take a little detour first. We are already ahead of schedule anyway as you pointed out."

"Oh by all means", she could hear him sarcastically reply as they kept walking.

*A lot of walking, and a sketchy hallway later*

Ender and Valentine both rounded a corner of the base that neither of them had even gone near before. And it was fancy to say the least. Literally, the walls turned into looking like actual walls, black carpet replaced the dank cement flooring, and lights were mounted on the walls every couple of meters.

Ender did not immediately recognize it until they passed a massive sign that hung from the roof, that gave it away. Visitors Wing He read it quietly to himself and followed Valentine who did not even seem to have looked at it.

"Do try to keep up little brother", she said from ahead as he looked at the hall a little more.

Now why would Val be taking us here? He asked himself before obliging to his sister's wishes. She could be so mysterious sometimes.

As they continued to walk, a light could soon be seen, shining across the hall. It's source clearly coming from the door on the right side of it.

"Right this way. Admiral." A man wearing a blue tux along with his hair gelled back ushered Ender into the space from behind.

Ender's Warजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें