CHAPTERnine (new)

CHAPTERnine

Ari

The next few days went by pretty smoothly. Today was Thursday, and it was Caleb's first official day back at the office. We haven't talked a lot since Saturday, I mean it's not like we've been avoiding or ignoring each other. We just haven't spent much time together; he's been hanging with his boys a lot and I've been going to bed early most nights.

He did tell me that there would be a party at the house on Friday. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not good with being around a lot of people. Not to mention I have only met one of his friends other than Jake. His friend Dan works at the office with us. Oh and how can I forget his friend Aiden will be staying with us for a few nights, starting tonight. Why did I agree to that again? Oh yeah, because I didn't want Caleb to have to change his life to accommodate me. I don't want him to regret his decision to let me live with him. This arrangement has been exceptional. Well, except that little drunken incident of mine. Uh, I am definitely not getting drunk at the party tomorrow night.

I had already learned most of the computer system here at the office, over the past few days working with Carla, so today I get to shadow Caleb. He wants me to see how his usual day goes. The day went pretty good. He even landed a new client, during our lunch meeting. Even though, Caleb said he only landed it because the client was hot for me. He's crazy. The guy was like old enough to be my grandpa. Ewe!

We were now back at the house; we had just walked in, when I heard someone coming out of the exercise room. I turned to face him, and I swear I almost fainted. I mean Caleb is hot as hell, but there are no words to describe how amazing this guy looks, he definitely gave Caleb, a run for his money. He was only wearing a pair of low-hung athletic pants, and his skin was glowing from the workout he had just completed. Oh and those abs were like perfection. My eyes finally left his abs and pecks to look at his face. Full perfect lips and sexy brown eyes defined by beautiful long lashes. His hair was all messy from his work out. Man how I would love to run my fingers through it and fix it for him. Shit what am I thinking? I don’t even know this guy, why don’t I feel scared of him. I mean when I met Caleb’s friend Dan the other day I almost had a panic attack, when he just walked into the office with me while we were alone. Now here I am with this stranger thinking of the things I could do with him if we were alone.

 I closed my eyes and shook my head. When I opened my eyes backup, he let a little smirk play on his lips. Probably has something to do with the fact that I literally stopped in my tracks to check him out.

"Well hello there beautiful, you must be the lovely Ariana. I'm Aiden" he said extending his hand to me

.I took his hand “Hey it’s nice to meet you Aiden, but please just call me Ari,” He caught me off guard when instead of shaking my head he placed a kiss on my knuckles. I could tell this one was trouble with a capital T. I laughed. “I see you’re a charmer just like Caleb here,” I said elbowing Caleb in the rib. He was standing next to me scowling at mine and Aiden’s introduction.

"Ha yeah, I would have to say Aiden is even worse than me. Sorry, Babe I should have given you a heads up about what a flirt he can be or well since you don't seem to mind it, maybe not,” Caleb said with a scowl as he glared at my hand that was still in Aiden's.