Chapter 15 All I want

Chapter 15

(All I want)

The rest of the weekend went buy pretty quick. I went out surfing with the guys Sunday afternoon. Well all but Aiden who coincidently was out with my roommate.

 After surfing we went to the same bar we always go to for some dinner and drinks. I wasn’t going to have much since I have to be at work early in the morning, but what will a couple drinks hurt?

We had been at the bar for about fifteen minutes before a group of girls came up asking if we’d like to dance. At that exact moment Aiden walked up and a cute little red head grabbed his arm. He always had a thing for red heads. “Aiden babe I haven’t seen you in here in a while.” she purred.

He gave her his trademark smirk. “Been busy sweetheart, but I’m here now.” He grabbed her waist pulling her close.

What was he doing? I though he was dating Ari. I swear to god if he hurts her I will kill him. He has a chance to be with the most amazing, beautiful, badass chick I have ever met and he wants to blow it by hooking up with this groupie, as the girls call them.

 I gave him a questioning look and he noticed. “Give me just a moment sweetheart.” He told her before pulling me aside.

 “Hey men don’t give me that look. I like Ari, I really do, but It’s not like were a couple. Pretty much we are friends who are getting to know each other better. Shit I don’t even think she likes me romantically at all. You’ve gotten more action from the girl than I have.”

Is he fucking serious, I wanted to punch him right in the face. “Is that what you want from her action? I thought you were looking for more with Ari.” I asked through gritted teeth.

Aiden took a step back putting up his hands in surrender. “Whoa man, take it easy. I do or I did, shit I don’t know anymore. Like I said I really don’t think she is into me that way. I mean just tonight we went out for dinner and had a nice time, we get along really well, but after I took her home I went to give her just a small kiss goodnight and she turned and gave me a hug. I am pretty sure she is into someone else and is just using me as a distraction. The problem is it doesn’t seem to be working.” He said giving me a pointed look.

I stared back at him with my mouth agape. He can’t really think she wants to be with me. I told her from the beginning not to fall for me. Shaking my head I let out a loud sigh. “I think you’ve got it wrong man. Listen I’m heading out you have fun.”

“Just ask her.” I looked at him questionably. “Just ask her how she thinks things are going between us. She will say the same thing I just told you. She doesn’t see me in a romantic way.” He said giving me a pat on the shoulder.

I started to walk away but he called out to me again. “Hey Caleb.” I turned and looked at him. “You know what’s really funny. I think you feel the same way about her, but you’re just too afraid to let yourself be happy.” I just stared at him for a moment, before turning and walking out of the bar.