Chapter 25 Games

Chapter 25

(Games)

Caleb's P.O.V.

It has been almost two months since Ari told me she didn't really love me. A very long frustrating two months.

The day after our talk she tried to act like the previous week never happened, like she had never said those words or made love to me multiple times. It felt like she was just trying to forget what was the best week of my life. A week that no matter how hard I could try, I would never be able to forget.

To top it off the following day we came home from work to Aiden sprawled out on the couch and other than to go to to his place for bed or the one weekend he spent in LA, he really hasn't left.

Oh and don't get me started on good ole Brent he is here almost as much as Aiden. If one of them isn't here then she is somewhere with them. I really don't think I have been alone with her since that night. Well except when we are asleep.

I have debated and debated on if I should just tell her everything I feel, but even though both Tess and Aiden said she lied to fix things I still have this fear that she will just reject me the way I did her. Sure maybe she did love me, but what if those feelings are completely gone.

The way I see her with Brent, how they are always laughing or cuddled on the couch when watching a movie. Yep he has taken my spot on the couch, if I'm in there with them I get pushed to one of the chairs. I can't help but wonder if they are more than friends.

Right now I am home alone. Ari went with Tess to go pick up their dresses for the pre wedding party. I guess the dresses for the wedding along with our tux' have already been sent to our hotel in Hawaii. That's right my little cousin and my best friend will be married in only a few days.

We actually leave in a few short hours to fly over there. I planned it that Tess, Jake, Ari and I would ride in my jet a day early, just the four of us. You know the wedding party. I was surprised to find out they didn't want anyone else in the wedding but happy because that meant more time alone with Ari.

Yep, that's me I have turned into a love sick sap. The girl is all I can think about. I sit in my room every night playing sad love songs about loss and unrequited feelings, I am such a loser.

I haven’t gone to a bar or club unless Ari was there. We haven’t had a single party. The guy's have asked but I always say, I’m just not up for it. Luckily they don't push anymore than that.

I had just started to make my way to the kitchen when I heard the front door open. Turning to look I couldn't help but smile. She looked so cute. She was trying to close the door while carrying what looked to be five bags and a large box.

Turning towards me she blew the hair that had fallen into her eye's away. “Is this comical? You big lug , you know instead of standing there amused you could be a gentleman and come help a girl out.”

Quickly I made my way to her and grabbed all the bags, “Sorry babe,” yep I have started to call her babe again. “Where do you want these?”

“Just go throw them on my bed. I have a few more things in the car. Since she had to go back out I grabbed the box from her too and made my way to her room. I had been debating something for months. Ever since Tess told me Ari still had my letter, unopened, I have been debating on taking it back. Tess even told me where it is but I know it's not right.

After setting everything on the bed, I went and opened her night stand and yep right on top was my unopened letter. A very crumpled possibly even cried on letter, but there it was. I heard the front door close and I made my decision. I grabbed it shoving it in my pocket, shutting the drawer and walking out of her room just as she was walking in.