Chapter 13 A night out

Chapter

Thirteen

(A night out)

Ari’s P.O.V. 

The next few days went by pretty similar to the previous. Aiden had taken me to lunch again on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday he came over after work and had dinner with us. It has been really casual between us.

 Which I am glad for, I’m not even sure if I want this between us to be anything more. I know I’m not ready for it yet. I do like Aiden. He is a sweetheart to me and fine as hell, but….

I don’t really get that spark from him. He doesn’t ignite the flame. He gives me more of a safe vibe. Sometimes I think maybe that’s what I need, and then I’ll read one of my romance novels and think I want to feel that. You know that all-consuming love, where just a mere touch from him causes sparks. I know I know good luck with that right.

The thing is there is someone who causes those sparks, but I know I can never have him that way. That is the problem with going further with Aiden, I feel like I’m just settling for him. Because I can’t have the one I really want.

Uhhh! It’s so damn frustrating.

Any way’s Caleb’s been great too. He has stayed home all week. We usually just curl up on the couch together and he either will massage my feet or neck. It’s so freaking awesome. 

Today is Friday and we told Aiden we would go with him to watch this band he is looking to sign. I’m a little nervous because I haven’t been out since that night I tried to get Caleb into bed. I’ll just have to limit my drinks tonight.

After work I made dinner and Tess and Jake joined us. Tess wanted to get ready together, so I just invited them for dinner since we had to leave at seven thirty to meet Aiden by eight at the club.

Once we were ready we took off in separate cars. We were at the club in about twenty minutes. Walking in, I located Aiden at a round booth near the stage. He saw us and waved us over, standing to great us as we arrived at his table.

He gave me a big beautiful smile. “Hey beautiful, you look amazing tonight.” He said hugging me to him.

“Well Thanks, you look pretty good yourself.” I replied.

We all sat in the booth and of course I was between Aiden and Caleb with Caleb at the end of the booth. As soon as we sat Aiden took my hand in his and placed them on his thigh. I looked over at him giving him a small smile. He gave me a full bright smile back.

I can do this; I mean Aiden is like the perfect guy, why can’t I just give him a real chance?

The band playing is great they have the whole One Republic feel and I absolutely love One Republic. After a couple drinks Aiden asked me to dance and though I hesitated at first I accepted and we went out to join Tess and Jake who were already out there dancing.

I kinda felt bad leaving Caleb by himself, but he hadn’t even been talking to me. Most of the night he seemed to be focused on the band playing. I almost felt like he was trying to ignore me.

We had danced through about three songs, when we went back to the table to find some chick on Caleb’s lap. I was surprised to see she wasn’t blond this time.

She was a very attractive brunette, actually her hair was so dark it was practically black and she had eyes to match. Now she did still have the model figure. Tall probably near six foot, and as slim as a twig. This one actually looked natural, no fake boobs or lips so that’s a plus I guess.

I still felt that usual pang of hurt I got every time I saw or even thought of Caleb with some woman. I just pushed it down to the back of my head so I wouldn’t think about it.