Chapter 1 - Feyre

As far as I'm concerned Tamlin and the rest of this god-forsaken court can die painfully.

I'm sitting beside Tamlin, staring across the table at the woman seated opposite me. Her long blond hair is pulled back as always beneath her grey hood, the tattoos on her forehead painfully visible. It's taking all my self control not to leap on her and wipe that sickly smile of her face, but I have a role to play, so instead I sit quietly, smiling across at her.

"There's news from Hybern, Tamlin" Ianthe says.

I feel Tamlin stiffen next to me and he reaches out and takes my hand under the table. I cringe inwardly but leave my hand in his, a limp, dead thing. 

"What is it?" Tamlin asks her, a slight hint of fear creeping into his voice. 

I want to roll my eyes. The coward is even afraid of the deal he made himself. 

"There's a portal that's opened up, just on the edge of your lands. We don't know who summoned it, we don't even know where it leads. But it needs to be checked out. He'd like you to do it."

I frown slightly. "What the hell is a portal?"

Tamlin squeezes my hand and gives me a doting smile, the smile a parent gives their 3 year old when they ask why the sky is blue. 

"A portal is like, like a doorway to another dimension. I takes a great deal of power to summon one," at this his face darkens slightly, "I don't know who would do such a thing. Some portals open into really, really bad places."

Ianthe shoots me a looks, and I can detect the venom behind her words as she says "We're, well the king, is worried that it might be... him."

Tamlin looses a growl that has every guard in the room stand up a little straighter. I just sigh inwardly. The moron. 

I send a question down the bond in my mind, the one that bonds me to my mate. His response is immediate, and I thrill at the sense of him in my head.

It's not my portal, Feyre darling. Az told me about it yesterday. I wish I knew whose it was. 

After sending a final pulse of love down the bond I cut the connection and draw my attention back to the people surrounding me. The mention of Rhys seems to have put Tamlin on edge. 

"Tell the king I'll check it out. Lucien and I will leave at first light tomorrow."

I start to protest, I want to go. Let him think it's to be with him, in truth I'll be gathering valuable information for the night court. But Tamlin cuts me off. 

"Feyre, if there's even the slightest possibility that this is Rhysand's portal, I won't take that chance. You will stay here." 

His last sentence has all the power of the high lord. There was a time when that tone would have cowed me, but the high lady of the night court bows before no man. Not even this one. 

But on the outside I have to look like the pretty doll he thinks I still am. I stick my lower lip out at his and sigh, then say "Fine. Be safe."

Then I plant a kiss on his lips and slip out of the room. 

I have preparations to make.  

**Hey all!

            This is my first story on here, I hope you like it! I wasn't sure if I should write it, but honestly May is soooooooooooooo too far away to wait for the next installment, so I figured, let's have some fun with our favorite characters!

Don't forget to vote and comment!**