Chapter 6 - Aelin

I don't really know what's going on, but I don't think I'm allowed to kill anyone and its pissing me off. 

The night court is breath taking, but I don't know how we got here or why Feyre would bring us, us, here. She doesn't know a thing about us. As far as she knows we could be assassins, and she would be right. She's either a moron or playing a long game I don't yet see the ending of. But if that's her angle she's got a lot more than she expects comeing for her. I stroke the blade concealed flat against my wrist and smile. 

All of a sudden there is a slight pressure on my wrist and the blade in it falls away, hitting the ground with a soft click. I whirl around to find myself almost nose to nose with a male, tall and stunningly handsome. He's grinning at me, his eye's daring me to make a move. I can feel Rowan tense beside me, his anger palpable. I hear Feyre's voice behind me, "Leave her be Cass."

I turn to her and bear my teeth. I don't need her, or anyone else to protect me. I could kill the grinning bastard behind me without even a second thought. 

"No you couldn't" says the male beside Feyre, her mate Rhys. 

I look at him in suprise, anger, and, though I hate to admit it, a little bit of fear. He shrugs his shoulders. "Your mental blocks are down."

I narrow my eyes. I don't know what he means, but if it at all involves knowing my thoughts then I don't like it. Feyre looks over at her mate. "You can get in? Back in the spring court her sheild burned me when I even got near it." Her voice, her tone, her everything is different than when we were in the clearing. She seems more grounded, and honestly more human. I don't like the change, I don't trust it. 

Rhys smirks at her. "Well darling, I am so much more powerful than you. Besides, she's frazzled. If you tried again you could probably get in."

I whip my blades up infront of my chest. Beside me Rowan does the same. I can hear the male behind us snickering. I spin towards him and throw a carefully aimed blade. It goes straight through the excess fabric of his shirt and pins him to the wall. I turn back to Feyre and Rhys. "Now somebody tell me what the hell is going on, before I stick my knives somewhere a little more important!"

Feyre leans back agaisnt the wall. "What is it, exactly that you want to know. And I seem to recall a question for a question agreement, I think we'll leave that in place."

I nod. "1. How the hell did we get here? 2. Can he read my mind? 3. How can he read my mind?"

Feyre takes a moment to consider. "We got here by winnowing. If you don't have it your world I don't really know how to explain it. It's like, jumping, from one place to another. Yes he can read your mind, unless you have mental blocks up. You did back at the clearing, you don't now. It's part of being Fae, haveing occasional blocks up. You can train to have them up all the time. He can read your mind because he can, I don't know how to put it better than that. The power is rare, even here, but some are born with the ability to walk in and out of people's minds."

I tense. I don't like the idea of somebody reading my thougts. 

Feyre opens her mouth again. "I'm actulally not going to ask you any questions now, I'll keep them on resserve. Besides, there isn't that much more I need to know. I can't see much in your head, most of your inner thoughts are still blocked, but I can tell that you honestly don't mean harm to anyone here, except possibly Cass, but who can blame you."

I simply stare at her. It takes me a moment before I understand. "Get" I said very slowly, very calmly, "Out, Of, My, Head."

A pressure that I hadn't even noticed in my head retreats. It worries me that she knows my true identity, but I don't think she'll use the information to hurt us. For some reason I'm starting to trust her. Maybe it's becasue she reminds me of me, just a little. 

Before our very interesting conversation can continue, someone bursts through the doors on the far side of the room, acutally several someones. 

There's two females and a male, and each of them is radiating power. Each of them gives us curious, hostile stares, but a single look at Feyre and Rhys has them backing down. But I can tell that if we step out of line, none of them would hesitate to kill us. Or at least to try. I smile at them wickedly. 

The three of them turn away from us and as one kneel on the floor. The male behind me does the same. Then each of them says "To protect and serve." 

I bite my lip. The demonstration of submission, it reminds me too much of the kind of Adarlan. But Feyre and Rhys' response to it is so, so different. Feyre smile and says "If you idiots don't get of the floor right now I will set it on fire."

The blond female smile. "Ah, but Milady, this is the proper way to show respect to your new high lady!"

"Yes" Feyre replies, "It probably was, centuries ago. Now you're only doing it to piss me off. So, I reiterate me previous statement." 

The other female, a short black haired thing, laughs. The sound is almost as peircing as my own. 

All of them get up, and hug Feyre. The male that came in with the two females turns to Feyre and Rhys. "We have things we must discuss. Feyre, I need whatever information you have from the Spring Court that we don't have yet. And Rhys, there's been some trouble in the court of nightmares. Some of them are agitating for an alliance with Hybern."

The two nod, and make to follow the male out of the room. Feyre pauses and looks back. "Mor," she says, "can you show Aedion and Celaena to their rooms? They'll be staying here, at least until we can figure out who opened the portal that brought them here."

Mor nods, and Feyre and Rhys leave. The blond, who must be Mor, comes over to us. "Hi" she says brightly "Sorry that Rhys and Feyre had to duck out like that, but everything's bound to be a bit chaotic right now. I'm Mor, by the way. The short irritable one over there is Amren, the bastard behind you is Cassian, and the one that just left with Rhys is Azriel. I don't know how long you'll be with us, but I hope you'll find your stay useful!"

She seems so happy that its all I can do not to smile, really actually smile. Instead I sneer. Mor doesn't seem taken aback in the least. It's as though she's used to dealing with rude, angry, or difficult people. 

"Come on," she says "I'll show you where you can stay."

**I'm not sure I'm to happy with this chapter, but I hope you like it!

               Don't forget to vote and comment!