Epilogue - Aelin

I walk onto the balcony that overlooks Velaris.

It's almost a beautiful sight, if you ignore the burns on the buildings. And the spatters of red on the cobblestones. And the black cloth hanging from every home.

It's been three weeks since it happened. Three long, horrible weeks. Three weeks of tears I don't have time to shed.

When I came out of that room in Hybern's castle, Rowan's arm locked around mine, I found chaos. The High Lords were all gone. So was Hybern's entire army.

I took everything I had to calm them down. Most still aren't calm, but we're getting there. It is going to be slow, it is going to be painful, but I will keep my promise to Feyre.

My last promise to Feyre.

I look up at the Night Sky, at the stars shining above my head. My eyes catch on two in particular.

I'm not much of one for legends, usually they're just stories that the weak tell themselves to feel better. But these two stars...

They appeared the night after. The night after the High Lords crumbled to ashes. The night after the war ended. They've been there every night since. They shine so brightly they almost dim the rest of the sky, and they are so close together, one pressed beside the other. Like they're afraid to ever be separated.

The locals have a name for them.

They're 'The last High Lord and Lady.'

I feel a watery smile form on my lips. It's strange how fast I came to love these people, this place.

I will go back to Terrasen, when I'm done here, but for now this is home.

I turn to go back inside. There is still so much that has to be done.

Then I freeze, straining my ears.

Because for a second,

just a second,

I swear I heard two voices, a male's and a female's,

raised in joyful laughter.

I look back at the stars, those two beautiful stars. Maybe I just imagined it.

Maybe.

We're here. We're at the end.

To all of those who stuck with me through this entire thing, I just want to say how grateful I am. Your support means the world to me.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this book. I love you all.

I started this book as a way to pass the time until ACOWAR came out, but it has become so much more than that for me. I will continue to write, what I'm not sure yet.

Until then,

Happy reading guys!