8.2. Wasted

Picture of Reagan(born in 1999) up top played by Vanessa Hudgens along with the music video for Wasted by Tiesto (one of my favourite songs)

~

Part 2 of Nikki's wild night

Taking into concern the wide variety and large amount of alcohol I'd consumed on an empty stomach, I felt pretty great. That was until I stood up and felt too dizzy to remain upright, instead I dropped down onto all fours and crawled along the hardwood floor and around the table picking up the disgarded sugar packets I had thrown earlier.
What? I still had manners.

Ryder walked over to me and attempted to lift me up but seeing as I wouldn't budge until all sugar was back in its rightful place and some in my mouth too, he backed off...I might have growled just a little too.

Once I was satisfied and had sat back on my legs Ryder approached me slowly with his hands up in the air as Aj chuckled at the scene. He helped me to my feet and put a muscular arm around my slender waist to steady me. Ryder had a certain issue with vanity and had often struggled with attaining the "perfect image" to the point that he was driven to steroids. I myself never over stepped my bounds by outright ordering him to stop but I was always honest with him and had offered my opinion and some advice when the topic came up during one of our regular Skype calls.

...

Flashback

"Oi Niks it's me," Reagan spoke excitedly into my ear, "go on Skype right now."

"Uh why--?" I began to ask but was quickly cut off when she hung up on me abruptly.

I had done as she said and found myself on the first of many daily Skype calls with Ryder. That's probably when we started becoming better friends, thereafter he would just randomly call me whenever he needed advice or was simply suffering a spell of boredom.
...

With Ana and Maria helping each other and Aj and Ryder assisting me, we all managed to descend the stairs successfully and pay the bill before exiting the restaurant.

"I think I like us better when we're wasted," Ryder suddenly proclaimed while adjusting his grip on me.

"Agreed Bro, I rate we should hit the bottlestore later," Aj nodded out in approval

"Where to now?" questioned Ana looking around at the crowded drop off zone that surrounded a strip of popular restaurants, filled to the brim with customers.

"Well," Maria said checking the time before shoving her phone back into her purse,"my dad is going to be here any second, they've been stricter since I got drunk in Joburg under my sister's supervision." She finished off rolling her eyes at her own words

"Aw man," Ana said, "we had the guys outnumbered for once," she pouted which received a number of large grins from the rest of us.

Ana was petite, stick thin, much like Maria, and rather short, but they both had a whole lot of personality to make up for it. I had found myself feeling jealous that they could eat so much and stay so thin but then again I wasn't exactly overweight, I was slender and still fit into the petite category myself.

"I rate you guys head on inside and we'll wait out here for Maria's dad?" I suggested questioningly.

"Yeah",
"chilled," came the boys' simultaneous responses

Before long we had hugged Maria goodbye and made our way to the movie floor which was where you'd usually find the teenage population of the city on a weekend, that or at the mall's McDonald's. We found the boys wandering around the soccer courts and after a quick trip to the ladies room we were reunited with them once more.