Worth a Thousand Words

Odin had always approved of Sif as a possible wife for her son.  But, the thing was, that son was not Loki.  After all, Loki wasn't even considered an Odinson anymore.  He was a separate part of Asgard, his own breed.  Even Loki didn't consider himself fully Asgardian.  But he didn't consider himself a Jotun either.

However, at this moment in time, Loki finally knew exactly what he was.  He was jealous.  It hit him like a train, not like getting a foot runover by a small motorized Midgardian scooter or being bumped into by some large 300 pound man.  This was the hulk smash of all jealousy, it'd leave him limping for days.

The Prince walks over to the two Asgardians, head held high as he shoots Thor a glare.  He could tell already that his 'brother' was attempting to sweep the warrioress off her feet, knowing Jane wasn't on Asgard.  It brought him great pleasure to watch the oaf fail so miserably at flirting with Sif.

Sif was a hard thing to understand.  Not generalizing girls as 'difficult' but Sif brought that label to a whole new level.  She had been considered to be one of the boys until puberty swung around.  After that, she was seen as different to them for obvious reasons.  

Yet, she still acted like them, played like them, fought like them and even ate like them.  The thing that changed was her thought process.  She was wise in a way the boys couldn't understand, because as a girl she over analyzed everything.  Never did she go anywhere unfamiliar without a dagger in her hand and silent footsteps.  Most girls at her age would be over thinking about how they had spoken to their boyfriend or who they thought was falling in love with who.

Sif was planning her next attack move, her next target.  And that is what made her so deadly, but so alluring.  The men flocked to her like a moth to light, fascinated by her skills and simplistic beauty.  Yet, not one man that any Asgardian knew of had been up to her standards- or even worth her time.

And on this list included Thor.

"Thor, for the final time, I am busy!  I have duties to complete!"  She said, throwing her hands up.  "Leave me alone, for Odin's sake!"  At that moment, Thor catches Loki's stare and gives him a sheepish smile as he walks off.

With a hint of pride that his brother had lost, he steps towards Sif, a sympathetic look on his face.  "Asgard on your nerves?" he asks, surprising her.  Loki couldn't help but think how pretty she looked when she was flustered.

"If you couldn't tell."  she mumbles back, looking up at him.  It seems her troubles were more important than her hatred towards Loki as he sat down beside her.  She was tearing clumps of grass from where she sat, throwing the bits into the wind.  

"If you would like to talk about it, I am here.  I know a thing or two about not wanting to be judged."  Loki gives her a small smile, trying to prove that he wasn't always the bad guy, that she could learn to trust him.  Sif raised her eyebrow but said nothing.  Instead she just sighed, trying to mask her exhaustion.  "You look worn out."

"I haven't had a good night's rest in what feels like ages."  She replies, trying to keep down a yawn.

"Since Jotunheim?"

"Yes," Sif looks down at her feet, ripping up a fresh wad of grass.  "the dreams, they haunt me." She finally admits, looking to Loki's green eyes with desperation.  "This has never happened- it shouldn't happen!"  She insists, shaking her head.  "Not to a warrior, we need to let our battles go.  They can't grasp onto me like this!"

"Hey," Loki gently lifts her hand into his, and he can't help but admire their beauty for a second before looking back up to her worried glance.  "It's going to be alright.  I know a bit of what you're going through, actually."  he says with a small, sympathetic grin.  "The Jotun's have troubled me since the day I found out-"  He pauses, looking down at his feet.  "that I found out I was one of them.  But you can't let it take you down as I did, Sif.  No matter what, you must stay strong.  Don't let them torture you so, you don't deserve that kind of pain.  And, I think that way deep down, you know you don't, either."

As he speaks, her face seems to melt into a look of comforted sorrow.  He can almost see the bricks tumbling from the wall she put up, and only for him.  Without thinking, she wraps him in a hug, catching him off guard.  He stiffens up, but then returns the hug with a smile.  The hug seemed nothing but friend to friend, but for now, that was enough.

"Thank you, Prince."  She says as she pulls away with a small smile and rosy cheeks.

"Anytime."  Loki gives her a fond smile as he watches her get up, wipe off some of the dirt on her hands and nod to him.  He can't help but notice that she walks away with her head held a little higher.  

_______________________________________________________________________

Updated!  Yay!  Tell me what you think in the comments below!  If you want to contact me, check out my Instagram, @armyofasgard !

Hope you enjoyed, have a wonderful day!