Mr. Kowalski's Impossible Dream

"There," Gwen muttered to herself as she had just mended the weak spot in the case, "That little monster shouldn't be able to claw through again."

Stepping up from her work she put away her supplies in the work shed.  Making a mental note of the four creatures missing from the case Gwen eventually found herself relaxing with the little Bowtruckles.  In her dragon form Gwen dozed as the small Bowtruckles crawled over her scales basking in her warmth.  A small Bowtruckle started getting restless as it climbed right on top of Gwen's nose.  Wiggling its little leaves on her face caused Gwen to sneeze.  Gwen blinked before realizing what she did, not far away a small fire burned a small sapling to the ground before being extinguished by the other Bowtruckles.  Turning to face Gwen the Bowtruckles started crying out to her for killing the tree.

Gwen blinked her eyes before changing back to her human form, "Look I'm sorry, but Tom-is it Tom?" she asked the little Bowtruckle who managed to cling to Gwen's white hair during her change.  The little Bowtruckle made a noise of agreement, "Alright then Tom, he made me sneeze," she pointed out to the other Bowtruckles who were still upset that she hurt the tree.

They had gotten so riled that they forced Gwen away from their home, "A bit rude don't you think Tom?" she asked the still clinging Bowtruckle.  Tom however just blew a raspberry at her and settled down in her white hair.

Gwen rolled her eyes as she walked out of the Bowtruckle habitat and into the main part of the case where she saw Frank who was particularly irritated.  She sighed and walked over to where the Thunderbird was creating yet another thunderstorm.

"Frank!" Gwen called, "Get down here.  Stop that at once." 

Frank had other plans as he sent a lightning bolt at Gwen, "Hey!" Gwen growled.

However, Frank was getting impatient screeching at Gwen to get his meal, "Are you hungry?" Gwen inquired raising her eyebrow; the Thunderbird squawked in agreement as Gwen groaned walking away.

"Oh, Newt," Gwen sighed, "Where are you?"

Tom rustled in Gwen's hair sensing her discomfort, crawling down from Gwen's hair, he crawled all the way down her arm, creating clicking noises to grab Gwen's attention.  Gwen watched the little Bowtruckle make a series of clicking noises.

"It's alright Tom," Gwen soothed him, "It's just Newt's never late of feedings," with a smile she brought Tom back up to her shoulder as he clung to the fabric of her shirt.

Gwen walked into the little work shed, sighing she reached to open a cupboard when the whole room shook, "Bloody hell." She cursed.  Looking up at the exit she saw the case open as Newt stepped down into the room.

"Are you okay?" she questioned, Newt looked up to see Gwen staring intently at him.

"Yeah I'm fine," Newt responded quickly shrugging off his blue overcoat.

Gwen was about to respond when the room shook again and Mr. Kowalski was sucked into the suitcase, "What's he doing here?  I thought you weren't keeping him," Gwen stated.

"My plans got changed," Newt responded as Gwen eyed Mr. Kowalski, "Do take a seat Mr. Kowalski."

Mr. Kowalski blinked several times before pulling out a chair to sit in, which Gwen was positive he would break a soon as sat down, but no such thing happened as the chair only groaned at the weight.

"Gwen, can you crush these into a paste?" Newt asked thrusting a few plant leaves in Gwen's face, unable to respond she used her tail and grab the leaves crushing them up within her tail.

Newt walked over to his desk poured two vials in a bowl and grabbed a knife, Gwen leaned against the door frame of the crowded work shed and stretched her tail toward Newt.  With wide eyes Mr. Kowalski watched Gwen stretch her tail out as Newt scraped the leaf paste from it.