Newt's Pleading Case

"How are you not freaking about this?" Jacob asked frantically as he paced the work shed as both Newt and Gwen watched him.

"I live here." Gwen said simply leaning against the door frame.

"Same," Newt agreed,

"But it was locked when we were in it last time, what's the difference." Jacob asked.

Gwen rolled her eyes, "It's the movement of the case, no one can get in or out while the case is being moved."

"But can't you?" Newt asked, "You're the only one who can apparate out of the case."

Gwen turned to Newt, " That is true, but I always end up in some sort of shadow when I'm out of the case—some sort of safety precaution my parents set in—if I were to do it now I could lose the case's location."

"So was this place a punishment or a safe house?" Jacob turned to Gwen looking more confused than ever.

Gwen sighed, "Like I said before with I was born with all of my dragon abilities. At first my parents were over joyed with their first child, but soon discovered I was curse. That's when my father put the charm on the case and exiled me to living here. I rebelled when I was younger, until my parent's believed I had control, but they were wrong—I was wrong—it was one evening that we had company that I snapped. I ended up overreacting as I attacked my cousin; my parent's said I nearly killed him. Gwen shook her head down before continuing. "I rotted in my own guilt and eventually over the years I learned to make this home," she gestured to the rest of the case, "that is until I met Newt. My time spent with my new friend, I learned that I can't change my past, but I can decide my future."

"So it's somehow both?" Jacob asked catching a glimpse of a snow storm just past a curtain. "What is that?" he pointed to the snow.

"Wow distracted much," Gwen laughed as she turned around to see what Jacob and Newt were looking at.

"That's the home of an Obscurus." Newt said mournfully.

Gwen grimaced, "Not the best experience if you ask me. That poor little girl."

Jacob looked past Gwen and glimpsed a black object floating behind the curtain before making eye contact with Gwen. "What happened?"

Gwen glanced over at Newt and raised an eyebrow; Newt coughed, but gave a vague answer, "Let's just say it didn't have a happy ending."

A sudden knock on the suitcase startled Gwen, Jacob and Newt as all three jumped. "We've stopped; and whoever picked up the case knows we're in here." Gwen said eyes wide.

Newt gulped, "You stay, I'll check it out." He reached the ladder to get out as he climbed out.

"Wait, what's going," Jacob called as he climbed the ladder.

Gwen narrowed her eyes, "Wait for me, you can't just say 'you stay'" she called up; and as soon as Jacob moved out of the case Gwen was the next to climb up, but before she could she was kicked in the face by Newt's foot.