The Past Always Comes Back to Haunt You

Climbing out of the suitcase Gwen stood on top of building roof with bright big light up words behind her forming the word SQUIRE. Gwen would've been happy to gaze out across the city if not for the black cloud that plagued the buildings.

"Is that an Obscuriathing?" Jacob asked wide eyed.

Newt looked out across the city to see the Obscurus raging havoc, "That's the most powerful Obscurus I've ever seen."

"Newt is it possible for the host to live past ten? Gwen questioned but was answered when Newt shoved the case into her stomach.

"I have to help," Newt said urgently, "thanks for the loan, but if something happens you know what to do." He said to Gwen pushing a notebook into her hands.

Everyone stood in shock, "Wait," Gwen reached out to her friend, "You can't possibly tame that right now."

Newt shook his head, "I can't let another die." His expression was sad, but determined as he apparated off the roof.

"Newt!" Tina yelled to him as she too apparated after him.

Gwen huffed and shoved the case into Queenie's arms, "Hold on to this and stay out of trouble. Things are about to heat up."

"Wait!" Queenie started, "Gwen!" but Gwen wasn't listening as she shed her coat trading her human body for her dragon one; and right before Queenie's eyes she watched Gwen take off from the roof of the building.

Gwen swooped down to the scene and there were plenty of gasps as many muggles spotted the huge white dragon. Spotting a line of officers, she recognized Mr. Payne as he held a gun up toward the obscurus, well that was until he saw the white dragon approaching. Silly enough the all officers aimed fire at Gwen, Gwen however, didn't care about the bullets they would just rebound, she was more concerned about the obscurus raging destruction toward the officers. Making her decision Gwen swooped in front of the officers letting a breath out a breath of fire toward the obscurus. The obscurus noticed the flames and hissed in annoyance and turned back around destroying another building.

To make sure the officers stayed away from the scene, Gwen swooped her tail in their general direction. Officer Payne noticed the sharp tail of the dragon and followed his other officers of to the side. The red eyes of the dragon were on him as his commander shouted numerous commands to the remaining officers.

"Fire!" the commander shouted as he let a range of bullets out at the dragon.

Gwen was just pissed as the bullets touched her and rebounded, glaring at the officers she took off and began to circle the destruction, Gwen finally spotted Newt and Tina hiding behind a car; landing she caught the end of Newt and Tina's conversation. Half shifting back Gwen left her arms morphed as wings as she walked behind the two.

"It's the second Salem boy," Newt said, "Credence!"

"He's not child, I thought they weren't supposed to survive past ten." Tina pointed out.

"Only one." Gwen whispered making both Newt and Tina jump.

"What are you doing?" Newt asked.

"Trying to keep you out of trouble." Gwen responded as she sent a flying car back the way it came.

"Thanks." Tina looked relieved until she saw Graves standing in the middle of the chaos. Turning to Newt she whispered, "Save him."

Newt gulped and apparated from the scene to try and help Credence.

"Credence!" Graves shouted the black cloud. "You could do great things; you've survived this long."

Tina glared at Graves and ran after him sending a nonverbal curse in his direction, unfortunately Graves saw it and blocked the attacked. Joining the attack on Graves, Gwen sent a ball of fire toward him.