silence

based off of gilmore girls!!! (aka fav tv show) but with a little difference between them.

wow i'm officially a year older than i was last year. thanks mom, for adopting me from our neighbour planet (not really its a few light years away), krypton.
yes, i am a super human as you guys would call me.

k anyways i just used like 70 words already. so uh... enjoy?

-

I walk into the town market and try hard to keep my head down. My former soulmate works here and I've been trying incredibly hard to stay away.

We got into a huge fight and he declared us as 'over'. Oh, those harsh words he say; though I was saying words just as harsh so I guess it's only fair. It all started with him saying he loves me and me not replying.

Pressure scares me, okay?

We broke up last night. LAST NIGHT. That's how fast my whole world obliviated into thin air. And I didn't have anyone to shop for me like my mom so I was on my own. Mostly because she's working though. After all, I'm only 16.

And due to the size of this tiny town this was the only market. I look up and spot my neighbour, whom I know quite well. "Oh Y/n, dear! How are you? I mean with the breakup and stuff." She asks. "Wh... How'd you figure out? It's only eight in the morning!" She looks at me sympathetically. "Oh, sweetheart. News spreads fast in this small town. Look around!" She says, which I do.

Everyone in town is staring at me in a sympathetic way. "Bess, how'd you all figure it out though?" She rubs my arm. "I'm your neighbour. I heard you arguing, it kept me up almost all night." I sigh, saying bye whilst walking into aisle three.

I accidentally run into someone. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I tell them. "It's okay I promise- Y/n?" I look up and make eye contact with him. His stunning c/e/c eyes and his perfect hair. He looks perfect.

I look terrible.

The first guy I've ever loved. I'm still young but he means the world. "Oh C/n." I look at the floor. "I... I should get back to work." He says, picking up the cans he dropped and walks away.

I sigh and cross my arms. "I come here to get pop tarts and instead I find C/n." I pick up the box of pop tarts.

I walk back home, throwing myself onto my couch and see mom walk into the room. "Hey Y/n- woah what's the matter?" She asks, sitting down next to me.

"C/n; he broke up with me." I mumble loud enough for her to hear. "Oh. Oh my gosh." She wraps her arm around me. "Well would you like to wallow and eat ice cream while watching sad movies like Me before You all night?" I sigh. "Mom, I'm sixteen. Wallowing won't help me feel better. I need to do something to get him off my mind." She giggles. "Oh dear, don't say what i think you're thinking." my eyes widen in shock. "Mom! No! No way! You're disgusting." I say, slapping her arm.

"What else would get your mind off of him?" I sigh. "Nothing." I tell her. "Mom he means the world to me. It's been five months and I'm in love." I tell her. "This is why you should wallow with me. We can wallow together. Mourn if you prefer but that sounds like something you'd do at a funeral." She pauses in deep thought. "Though, I guess it is a funeral for your heart." She tells me. "Not helping." I say through my gritted teeth.

She presses her finger to her chin. "Oh, y'know what would help? Wallow--" "Don't finish that." I glare at her. "Sorry." She breathes out.

a month later...

I sit at school with my best friend. "So do you think Johnny woulda killed the dude even if Ponyboy was stronger and could actually fight?" F/n asks me.

I sit, my chin resting on my hand. I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Huh? What?" I ask her. "You weren't listening at all." F/n says. "Sorry, just tired." I tell her. "You've been 'tired' since you broke up with C/n. You're miserable!" She says. I shake my head. "I am not!" She gives me a don't-lie-to-me face and crosses her arms. "Alright a little." I tell her. "But what do you expect me to do, be jolly glad about it? Woopy! I broke up with the love of my life! Yay!" I say obviously sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes. "You need to talk to him. You can't ignore him forever, it's a small town, Y/n." She says. "I'm in love with him." I say out of the blue. "I can't end it now, I'm in love with him!" I state while standing up and dancing. "Oh okay cool, tell him that." I sigh. "Oh, F/n. When will you learn it's not that easy. He broke up with me!" I say. "He doesn't want me back." She sighs. "Y/n, if everything you tell me about him is true, I think he'll take you back." She says, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks. I got to go now! See ya later!" I say before running out of the school and towards the market. He just got out of school and he probably went to work.

I burst through the doors, causing everyone to stare. But I don't really care at the moment. I walk into aisle three again and see him stacking beans.

I fiddle with my fingers and squeak out, "C/n?" His eyes snap to me and he sighs. "I'm working, Y/n." "Please, let me talk." I say. He puts the beans down and looks at me. "Look I get it, you don't love me back. I don't know why I even tried--" "See but C/n, I do! I do love you, I was just in shock and I was being stupid. I really love you, a lot." His eyes light up as he looks at me.

"Are you sure?" He asks. "I've never been more sure in my entire life. Except when my mom asked me if I wanted a kit-kat bar... but that's off topic. I do love you." I say. He pulls my by my waist and presses his lips to mine. It felt so right, like it was meant to be.

And I knew it would stay like that.

-

GAHHH it's 10:53 on a thursday night (when I wrote this) and i'm sick the day before my birthday but it's ok cuz this is a great chapter