late night fights p. 2

you guys asked for it!

-

Months have passed and my baby bump has grown immensely. I decided I didn't want to know the gender because I wanted a surprise.

I'm due in two months and honestly, I'm nervous about it. I bought myself a small apartment and got a nice job at the mall downtown.

I sit down on my lumpy couch and press the power button on my remote. The news turns on and I sigh. "Great..." I never liked the news. Too boring I guess.

But something caught my eye. 'Crash on 39th street two people injured, one dead'. Yikes. A news reporter comes on screen with a microphone and the incident in the background.

"There has recently been a crash involving three people. The victims names are Kenneth Walter, Mary Walter and C/n C/l/n-" my eyes shoot up, hoping I heard wrong, maybe it's a different guy with the same name. Anything!

My chest immediately tightens up and my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. "Oh... Oh my g..." I spit out, tears falling down my cheeks rapidly. I listen back in to hear who died.

"Kenneth Walter died almost instantly, though C/n C/l/n has been hospitalized. Mary Walter is in mourning." The news reporter finishes. I turn the television off and jump into my car, taking off for the hospital.

Thoughts erupt in my brain. Last time I've seen C/n was in Walmart.

I burst through the hospital doors and whiff in the stale hospital air. I race to the front desk, most likely looking insane. "I'm looking for C/n C/l/n?" I say, almost like a question. She searches the computers for a few seconds before looking back at me.

"Floor five, room 516." She says incredibly calmly. "Thank you." I say, running towards the stairs, having no time for stupid elevators.

Once I reach the fifth floor, sweating I find his room. "Awe jeez." I mumble, walking in and seeing his lifeless body laying on the bed. My hand clasps onto my mouth as I see he's grown a little facial hair and his hair is slightly longer. He has cuts all over his face and a sling holding up his fractured or broken arm.

His eyes flutter open and widen as they lay on me and my pregnant stomach. "Y/n..." He cracks, tears rolling down his cheeks. My knees go weak and I fall into the small chair beside his bed.

"Oh C/n. I've missed you." I break out, more tears pouring out. He opens his arm, the other one being broken, and embraces me, kissing my forehead.

I reach into my pocket with my free hand and pull out my old ring. "C/n, look." I say, showing him the ring. He takes it from my hand, gets out of bed and goes on one knee. "Y/n Y/l/n, will you re marry me?" He asks, a smile forming on my lips.

"It would be my pleasure." I say, kissing his lips, thinking how good it was considering we haven't in seven months. "I love you." He mumbles in my hair. "I love you too..."

5 years later...

"Mommy, it's my fiwst day of kindowgawden and I'm not weady." My daughter, Winnie says. "I know, ask dad to help, I'm busy." I reply, kissing her forehead.

I've become a journalist for New York Times newspaper which made life much easier. But I've become a little less time bendable.

But I guess that's why I have C/n.

-

i really like this part two.