Chapter 8

TAYLORS POV

I glanced at the clock and realized that I'd be late if I didn't hurry. I quickly tore out a piece of paper from a notebook and scribbled a note for Caroline to find. I had told her last night that I had meetings this morning, but this was just to remind her. Today was Monday, the sixth of August, it was my first day working since Caroline came, which was 5 days ago.

Wednesday her dad left, Thursday we met my parents, Friday we hung out at home and decorated Caroline's room. Saturday and Sunday I took Caroline around town and showed her a lot of cool things that only Nashville has. We've gotten pretty close in the last few days, I've learned that she's really funny, but she's also really sweet. She's always making witty jokes at exactly the right times, then she can turn around and do something really cute and sweet that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

As I hurried out the door I thought about how I was already getting used to having her around.

CAROLINE'S POV

Everything was pitch black and all I could hear was gunshots. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything, it was like I was just there watching. All I knew is that I was scared to death. Soon all the gunshots stopped, it was still dark and all I could hear was my ears ringing. Suddenly there was another gunshot, this one was louder that all the others combined. At the same instant my surroundings became visible. I was on a battle field, I couldn't see where the shots were coming from, but I saw a group of American soldiers.

Everything went into slow motion when I spotted the loud bullet whizzing through the air. It was headed towards a soldier, I read the back of his hat and it said 'Connor'. The bullet hit him and he fell to the ground. I tried running to him, I tried screaming, but I couldn't move. I was trapped watching my dad suffer.

My eyes bolted open in fear. There was sweat beading down my face and I was breathing hard. I was a relieved that it was just a dream, but nonetheless terrified. I hadn't had a nightmare in so long, I wasn't expecting it.

'The more time I'm here the better everything will get'. That's what I told myself, but I was wrong. The more time I'm away from my dad, the more nightmares I experienced. I took a deep breath and went into the bathroom which was right next door. I wiped the sweat off myself and made myself look like I didn't just wake up from hell.

I didn't want to tell Taylor about this, I wasn't ready yet. We were close, but not that kind of close. We were close like friends, we laughed together and talked, but we didn't say things like this. I wanted to be with her though, I just wanted somebody's presence. I went downstairs to the kitchen and instead of Taylor I found a note on the counter. It said that she'd be at meetings until noon, right now it was 8 o'clock.

Last night when she told me she had meetings I was kind of happy. They would probably be talking about her career and her career made me really happy. The other night I got out of bed at midnight to get a drink of water and could her singing and guitar playing from her room. I stood outside the door and listened for as while, the whole time I saw smiling like an idiot. That was Taylor Swift, the real Taylor Swift writing a song while I was in her house. I could hardly sleep for the rest if the night that night.

I decided to go get dressed. While Taylor was gone I cleaned up my room and admired the newly decorated walls. There were pictures in frames all over, mostly of me and my dad, some of me and my mom when I was little, and even one of me and Taylor. While we were putting up the pictures Taylor had told me that I looked just as beautiful as my mom. I did have her green eyes, that might be the best compliment I've ever gotten. I always look at pictures of my mom from when I was a baby, she looked so pretty and healthy back then.

Before long it was 10am, I had nothing to do when Taylor was gone. I'd tried to turn on the TV but there was more than one remote and it was really confusing. I used this time to think, I hadn't gotten the chance to think about school yet. I would be a freshman. Just that scared me, I'd be part of the youngest ones. Everybody hated freshmen. I would have nobody I knew at school and I didn't even know where it was exactly yet. Apparently it was called Hillsboro High School.

Everything about starting high school made me nervous, I had always gotten good grades and was always pretty well liked, but I couldn't help be nervous kind of because of Taylor. I remember the way those fans looked at me in the mall, would everyone already know me at school? I had already had to turn off my notifications on Twitter because I was getting thousands of notifications a day.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door of Taylor's penthouse apartment opening. I realized that if been staring into space worrying for two hours. Taylor stepped in with her hands full, she had her purse, some small boxes and Chinese take out. She set them all on the counter.

"Hey girl, I got us Chinese and rented us some movies." She said while pushing the bangs out of her face and holding up the small boxes of Redbox movies.

"What movies did you get?" I asked her walking her direction. She opened up the boxes and showed me that she got Tangled and Home Alone.

Taylor opened up the bag of food and handed me my box of Chinese food. We sat around her kitchen table and ate our food. I watched the way her hands with blue painted fingernails picked up her fork. I tried to notice everything about Taylor, when I was an adult I wanted to tell my kids about how Taylor Swift was once my foster mom. I wondered how I'd be doing if I wasn't with her right now, probably not good.

Once we were done eating Taylor suggested that we got in her room to watch the movie because it would be darker, like a movie theater.

"Which one should we watch?" She asks when we get to her room.

"Ummm, Home Alone." I said to her.

"That's what I was thinking!" She tells me excitedly. She puts the DVD in the player and crawls into her bed. I follow her and get in on the other side, she probably had ten blankets on it, it was very cozy. The headboard was padded so we could sit up and watch the TV. Once it started Taylor passed some more blankets my way, soon we were in this nest of warm covers. With our body heat warming each other up.

TAYLOR'S POV

While we were watching the movie my arm was around Caroline. Each time I looked over at her her eyes looked a little more heavy. Finally I looked down she was completely asleep. I smiled at her peaceful little body and carefully lowered her down so she was laying in my bed. I stayed there with her until the movie was over so she wouldn't be woken up by me getting out of the bed.

When I finally did get out of bed she was still sleeping peacefully. I pulled the blankets over her before I quietly snuck out of the room and gently shut the door.