Chapter 19

CAROLINE'S POV

It was a Tuesday and the first day of the second week of school, but I was really happy. I got home from school and was ready to open a letter from my dad. I'd found it in the mail this morning before school, but decided it might be a better idea to open it after. I went upstairs and put my bag down in my room. We'd gotten back to Nashville last night and I was glad to be home.

I grabbed the envelope off of my dresser and settled into my bed to read it. I carefully tore the envelope open and slowly read, taking in everything. I wasn't near as emotional as last time, this time the most I did was get teary eyed. When I was finished with it I folded the papers back up and put them back in the envelope so it would be safe.

I looked at myself in the mirror before heading back downstairs, my eyes were a little red, but not very noticeable. I found Taylor at the kitchen table with her laptop open in front of her and her phone pressed to her ear. I was expecting her to be sitting at the couch with a welcoming smile when I walked down the stairs, but I guess she had to work sometimes too.

I sat on the couch and the TV in front of me was running, but I wasn't watching it. I could see Taylor in the kitchen and I watched her as she talked, I wasn't eavesdropping on her conversation because I couldn't her her over the TV. I could just see her lips move. As much a a I miss my parents sometimes I was so lucky to be with Taylor, I loved her so much and she has helped me more than words can say.

I watched her as her painted fingernails typed words I couldn't see onto the laptop, her eyes squinted every once and a while because she didn't have her contacts in. I could feel a grin growing on my face, I was having another one of those moments, one where I realized that I'm with Taylor Swift. Not only that, she's also smart, funny, pretty and the most caring person I've ever met. She's everything is hoped she'd be.

After a while she was off the phone, her laptop was shut, and she was sitting next to me.

"How was school?" She asked as she fixed her bangs.

"It was fine." I say back looking into her eyes, but after a while I can no longer hold her gaze because if I did the grin on my face would grow too big and it would become apparent to her that I was completely starstruck at the moment. I had these types of 'pinch me' moments sometimes and I didn't understand why.

Without saying anything she moved closer to me and pulled the ponytail out of my hair. She ran her long fingers through my blonde hair trying to get the tangles out and I let her. My eyes were on the TV but my mind was on the fact that Taylor cared about me. She cared enough to want me to talk about things that were bothering me with her. She cared enough to come check on me in the middle of the night when she heard a noise from my room. I was just glad she cared enough to even become my foster mom.

Then it dawned on me that maybe I wasn't giving her what she deserved. She does all these things for me but when I have a lot on my mind I don't talk about it with her unless she initiates the conversation. I don't even tell her when I've had a bad dream. That was when I realized that the 'maybe I should tell Taylor about my nightmares' turned into 'I definitely need to tell Taylor about my nightmares' after all she deserved it.

Taylor picked up my hair tie again and started to put my hair back into a pony tail while I tried to figure out in my head how I would word this. I had planned out what I was going to say right after she finished my hair. I took a deep breath and started to speak just as Taylor's phone rang.

It was her mom. They talked for a while and before I knew it Taylor's voice changed, indicating the call was about to be over.

"Oh yeah! Can you come?" Taylor said into the phone. I was only hearing one side of the conversation so it was hard to tell what they were talking about.

"Yeah, so then it would be Caroline, you, and I." She told her mom. I had no idea what she was talking about, but apparently I was going to be there.

"Not this weekend, but the one after that...uh huh...okay...I love you...bye." Taylor said before hanging up the phone and turning back to me.

"Okay so in two weekends I have important meetings in New York, I'm so sorry I'm making you go all these places when you have school and everything but well only be gone for one day and two nights. Is that okay?" Taylor asked me. I didn't know why she apologized, I'd thought it sounded like fun.

"Yeah, that's good." I told her, not knowing how else to respond without sounding fake. And now since the mood had changed in here and both our minds had been directed to different places I didn't want to bring up the nightmares.

We just hung out at home for the rest of the evening, I did homework and Taylor made us supper. Then that night we watched a movie before bed. That night I slept all the way through the night with no interruptions.

The rest of the week was pretty normal. I went to school and came home and went back the next day. It was the second week of school and I was starting to get used to the routine. Taylor and I had planned that in Friday night we would go out to eat and shop and have a girls night, so that was something to look forward to.

-Friday night-

"Swift- party of two." The girl working at the restaurant said over the speaker. Taylor and I got up out of our chairs in the waiting area and followed our waitress to our table. We were in a little corner, sitting at a small table across from each other.

"I feel like we're on a date." I said after the waitress left.

"Wer'e on a dinner date." Taylor added.

"Ooooo, You know what we should do after this this?" She said excitedly picking up her phone.

"What?" I asked.

"We should go see a movie, I feel like that would really complete our date. I'm going to see what movies are out." She told me. After some debating we decided on going to see "We're the Millers" after this. I say after some debating because Taylor wasn't sure if it was appropriate of her to be taking her fourteen year old foster daughter to an R rated movie. I assured her that it would be fine.

We talked until our food came and once we were done it was already time for us to leave and go to our movie. Taylor paid for us and we headed to the car. Sometimes I felt bad that Taylor paid for everything for me, but then I remember that she's a multimillionaire and I don't feel so bad.

When we arrived at the theater we bought popcorn and found our seats. The movie was very funny, when we walked out Taylor was almost embarrassed that she'd brought me because it was kind of inappropriate. She was also a little surprised that I understood all the humor in it.

I was kind of sad when we got back home. Tonight was really fun and I didn't want it to be over. I didn't want to have to go to bed and be alone tonight. I wanted to talk and laugh with Taylor some more.

We did talk in the kitchen for a while before we went to sleep, but soon Taylor told me that she was going to bed and started headed towards her room.

"Goodnight, I love you." She told me before she entered her room. As soon as her door clicked shut I let out a sigh. I walked upstairs to my room alone with my heart aching to be with somebody, anybody would work, but I mostly wanted to be with Taylor. I absolutely hated the nighttime when I was all alone. I reluctantly got under my cold covers and forced myself to go to bed.