Part 12

But wishing won't get me anything, I knew that. If it did, I wouldn't even be in this situation. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make any sense of my life. Only a week ago I was perfectly happy, probably playing a show with the guys, the guys that I'm now looking for, somewhere, out here. They have to be here, please. Again something interrupted my train of thought as the car started to lose control. I looked over at the girl, to see what was going on, and was shocked to find her sat hanging out the door.

Panicking, I tried to grab hold of the wheel, my hook wasn't exactly helpful, but I managed to take control of the truck.

"What are you doing!?" I looked at her, hanging there, confused and angry.

"If I spilled my guts, the world would never look at you the same way." She spoke so smoothly, yet the meaning behind her words was still perfectly clear.

"I'm here to give you all my love, so I can watch your face as I take it all away." This girl was crazy, she was going to kill herself, just to make me hated. She got back into the car, took control again and smiled at me. I looked away, out the window, but this time in fear. She was right, she could kill herself right now and I would be blamed, probably locked up inside the nearest prison. I can't believe it has come to this. My fate and future is in her hands completely.

Whilst looking out the window the woman started steering the car this way and that. She seemed to know where she was going. As we drove along a straight, the trees on the left side stopped appearing and suddenly my hopes were built high again. Staggering towards the road was Andy, he looked a state.

"Quick! There's Andy!" I exclaimed as I pointed across to him. Sure enough she stopped and Andy pulled himself into the back of the truck. I was so relieved to see him. I leant out the window and stretched my arm out for him to grab hold of which he took. The woman started driving again while we just sat there in each others company, the first time we've been able to do this in a while.

"Joe!" Andy broke free from my hold and waved his hand towards a figure near the trees. The woman stopped and a zombie like Joe also clambered into the back of the truck with the help of Andy. Finally, three of us were together, one more to go. Worry started to fill me, what if Pete didn't make it? What if he's out there somewhere, just lying there, dead? As if right on cue, we drove into a parking lot where Pete was crawling along the floor. While we drove up to him he started to get to his feet, which made it easier for Joe and Andy to help him into the back with them. Once he was finally, safely in the truck the woman started driving again.

"To the hospital?" She asked even though I thought it was pointless. Of course we needed a hospital. Look at the state of us, each of us had blood and dirt on our faces, our clothes were also ripped and weren't exactly the cleanest.

"Of course." I answered, despite these thoughts, just to make it clear to her. To be honest I couldn't care less where we were headed at the moment, the fact is, that the four of us are together again, finally. Thank god we had managed to escape those girls alive, even if some of us were injured. Suddenly I remembered what all of this was about. One case, and it's contents. That's what all this pain is for. It sounds stupid when you put it like that but it was true. One stupid case had caused all of this trouble. Before I knew it, we had pulled up outside of the local hospital, I'd never heard of it before.

Once we had stopped, I glanced over to the woman then had to double take. There, on the steering wheel was the snake. The snake from my nightmare was now being stroked by her, with its tail coiling around her wrist. My heart started to race and I looked up to her eyes. Except, there were no pupils, or whites of her eyes for that matter, her eyes were completely black. Fear struck me as her demon like eyes bore into me. While smiling at me she reached forward to the stereo and the music that had been playing slowed down. Suddenly the front of my head started to hurt, my eyes started to change. It was as if something inside of me was coursing through my veins, taking over me. Then suddenly, everything went black, again.