Chapter 1: Reborn

Wolves. Anyone who says the word gets the image of a wild, wicked beast. Where I come from is a place that disgusts these creatures. I was one of the worlds professional hunters, the best there ever was. But the wolf wasn't our only enemy, we also encountered Spirit Animals. These creatures could unite with a human and together form a special bond. However, some took advantage of the Spirit Animals-and their powers- and used them for evil purposes trying to conquer any land they crossed and these people were known as the Roaches. I was sent to find out what their latest scheme was, but instead of reporting back to headquarters, I tried taking them down myself, but I failed my objective and most importantly, I failed my mission. As punishment I was thrown into a den to rot and starve to death, but before I could, a flash of light appeared and it was a Spirit Animal. These creatures are not in animal form but they appear as glowing lights that float in the air so that it could find someone worthy enough to form a pact with it. I stared at the light not knowing what to do, but before I could reach for it, my eyes shut. I started floating further away from my body and before I could go I to the afterlife my eyed opened and I suddenly was awake. I looked around and to my surprise I found out that the light had disappeared. I didn't know whether it floated away or whether it was inside of m. I couldn't wait around to find out.

I made my escape and headed back to headquarters which is a little organisation that I work for called the Resistance. I walked inside feeling a little embarrassed to show my face, I walked onto the office of the brains behind this organisation, Jack Stone.
"So you decided to finally show up" he said.
"You know you've completely disobeyed my orders"
" I know Jack" I said
"- and I'm sorry, it won't happen again"
"I'm glad you said so Miss Harpor because I just hired you a partner. Mr Alex Cage meet Ms Caroline Harpor, she will be your partner in crime for as long as you live." For as long as I live... I didn't like those odds in fact I didn't think of myself as a partner type of girl, but that really didn't matter to me then. I was starting to feel a little different, like my sense has been doubled up, my strength has increased, as well ad my speed.
"Did you get that Miss Harpor?"asked Jack.
"Yes sir" I answered even though I had know idea what he said.
"So Caro-"
"That's Miss Harpor to you" I interrupted Alex after we waled out Jack's office.
"Ok... Miss Harpor. I'm ready to work undercover with you. This is going to be fun."
"Ok don't ever say that again because none of this should be fun, this is serious work. These people that we're dealing with should not be taken lightly." I should know for I literally met death.
"Are you ok Miss Harpor? Your nose is bleeding." I touched under my nose and felt a strange liquid on my finger, and it was blood. I immediately ran into the nearest ladies bathroom, locking the doors behind me and making sure there was no one with me. I then started throwing up and suddenly heard the sound of my new partner's voice.
"Miss Harpor are you alright in there?"
"I'm fine." I struggled to say. I then heard the sounds of bones, my bones, breaking. It felt like I was changing into something sinister. I stood up and looked into the mirror and what I saw was not a reflection of Caroline Harpor, but a reflection of a huge, black wolf.