Chapter 6: The Pack

(Resurrection).
I woke up from what felt like a deep sleep. The pack of wolves surrounding me. It looked like we were in some kind of cave. "W - Where am I?" The wolves just stared at me, I asked the same question again and the wolves turned into what looked like natives. "Spirit Animals." I gasped. "Indeed." Said the middle one. "My name is Agmaat and this is my Pack. We are known as the Spirit Protectors." "The groups of people which were cast out of their own land... You were the first to own the Grey Territory." I answered. "Indeed, come child, it is time you know the truth.

(Later that night.)
We were sitting together in a huge tent and seeing every man and woman, every boy and girl, made it look simply beautiful. "Are you ready to know the truth, Caroline?" Agmaat asked. "How do you know my name?" I asked.
"Ah, yes. And that I'd where the story begins. A 100 years back, the world was surrounded by Spirit Animals and humans. Back then the humans and the Spirits were allies,  and got along well, but a few weeks later there was a fire and the humans blamed it on the Spirit Animals, due to their uses of power. However, some of us believed that they were the ones who tried to take out the fire, those people were killed. The Spirit Animals decided to resurrect the dead by entering their bodies and live once more in eternal life with no pain, no suffering, and no death. This is what we call now, a Pact. The other humans found out about this and created an evil organisation called The Roaches. These people were trying to get rid of the Pact, but it was prophesied that a young woman would save mankind from this treachery, a young woman named Caroline Harpor, and that is you." "That's insane. I can't do this alone... And Jack's a Stinger, I still need to find him." I said. "Yes, Jack. You shouldn't trust him at all, never get too close. I believe that Jack is working with the leader of The Roaches." "But what about Alex?" I asked. "Mr. Cage is one of us, he made a pact with a Spirit Animal a few years back when I met him." "I don't understand." I told Agmaat. "The Panther that saved you from the Stinger, Mr. Stone, was Alex Cage." Alex was the Panther? That's why he was acting the way he did. He had a Spirit Animal. Oh no! Alex is in a pact with a Spirit Animal, if Jack knew that I have one then he must've known that Alex had one as well, which means that Alex could be in trouble!