Chapter 5: The Stinger

(At the organisation)
I was attacked by a Stinger! That's what those Roaches were up to.
"Caroline, Can you meet me in my office, please." Jack called. U headed into his office and closed the door behind me. Alex was there as well and he stood next to Jack. "You wanted to see me sir?" I said.
"Yes, I've been told there was a Stinger attack. Apparently it was fighting some kind of wolf and... panther." He said.
"Well, yes sir, I was at the wreckage, but I haven't witnessed the fight." I lied.
"What a coincidence, I was there too, but I too haven't witnessed the fight." Alex said. Really, as if I would believe that.
"Look, sir me and Alex can go check it out. We might even find a Stinger or the Stinger, to be more precise."
"No, I don't want you going out there, it's too dangerous."
"But -"
"No, Caroline!" Jack shouted. Of course I wasn't going to listen to him. Both me and Alex headed out Jack's office.
"So what do we do now?" Alex asked.
"Nothing...We do nothing." I lied. I needed to find that Stinger, use it to lure me to the Roaches and then kill it.

(In the woods: close to the destroyed lab).
I couldn't bring my car with me so I had to walk, and it was quite the hike. I shifted into my Spirit Animal, and waited to see if I might once again encounter the Stinger and Panther.
"Do you think you'll see it?" My Spirit Animal asked.
"I'm positive." I said as I heard the sounds of rustling bushes. "You just couldn't stay away like I told you to." It was Jack! "I know that's you Caroline, I knew from the start." "You don't get it Jack, I have to kill this Stinger." I said out loud. "No, you're the one who doesn't get it." Jack was surrounded by a cloud of black smoke. As I tried to look through the smoke jumped a Stinger, right out of the black cloud of smoke. It was him, it was Jack all along! Jack was the Stinger!

I had no idea what to do. "Caroline, we have to fight together, we can't let this beast get away!"
My Spirit Animal said. But Jack was winning, I tried fighting back, but he was too strong. I shifted back into my human form without even trying.
"You should've listened to me Caroline, you had a chance to stay away, but you didn't." He said as he was choking me. "And now you're as good as dead." Jack then snapped me neck. I was lying on the ground, dead as Jack has said. I remember that his last words were:
"Next, is that partner of yours. Alex." I couldn't stop Jack, I couldn't stop the Roaches. If being a wolf doesn't change who I am then what good does that make me? I was surrounded by a pack of wolves, all of them dragging me away...