Chapter 9: Surrender

They were everywhere. At every escape route and at every flank. We were doomed, we were all doomed, or at least, that's what I thought. We tried fighting back with everything we had, but it was not good enough. The Stingers gathered themselves together, ready to claim their prize, which was our souls. "Enough!" Shouted a voice from the far end. And.... Jack's back. That asshole just can't stay away. "Hello Caroline. I'm surprised to see you here, I thought you were dead." Before I could answer I shifted back into my human form, and so did Alex. "Well..." I turned to look at Alex. "Its gonna take a lot more than that for you to kill me." Jack started laughing, he looked very confident, too confident. "Very well. With that being said I guess I'll just have to kill you and you villagers." "No! Wait!" I shouted quickly. "I'm listening." Jack said. "Please, don't kill these villagers, this is between you and me. And if you spare their lives, I'll do anything you want." "Mmm." Jack thought. "Well then I guess you could accompany me to our headquarters, and meet the man we work for." He said. "Hold on!" Alex shouted as he walked forward. "Caroline you can't be considering going with this man." He said. "I have to." I told Alex. "In order to protect you and the rest of the villagers." "Then it's settled." Jack chimed in. "You better hurry up, he's waiting." I walked over to Alex and kissed him goodbye on the cheek. I turned around and looked at the villagers, I was afraid that, that would he the last time I see them and the Spirit Protectors, but most importantly, I was afraid that that was the last time I see Alex. My final thoughts were what could I have done in order to prevent this. 'If only I did what I was supposed to in the beginning, none of us would be in this mess.' I told myself. "Don't beat yourself up, you did the right thing, Caroline. Because if you Alex and the villagers are safe. There is still time for us to get rid of the Roaches and take down their Stingers, especially Jack." My Spirit Animal told me. "You better hold onto me tight." Jack said. A cloud of smoke was then surrounding us and the Stingers. I did not know where we were going to, but it all happened so fast...