Chapter 8: The Student

I woke up the next morning after someone walked into tent. "You're awake." It was Alex and he was fully healed. "And you're walking." I said, I was surprised to see that he did not have a scratch on him. "You've noticed. C'mon, there's a few things that I want to teach you." He said. "You want to teach me?" I asked. Alex just nodded and  held his hand out. "It'll be fun." He said. I then stood up and reached for his hand. "Let's do it." I said. We went outside and decided to go somewhere, where we can be alone. "So what do you want to teach me?" I couldn't help but ask. "This." He then shifted into the Panther that saved me a few days back. "Well that's easy." I shifted into the wolf. We couldn't talk, the way a human would talk, we could only read each others thoughts and feelings. "Can you hear me Caroline?" Alex asked. "Yes." I answered. "Good, I want you to meet my Spirit Animal." "Well we've met before in case you forgot... Stinger, forest..." I said, remembering the day I almost died. I couldn't see but I could feel Alex grinning at me. "So, what did you want to teach me? Because it definitely can't be this." I told Alex. "Of course not. Watch this." Somehow, someway Alex managed to separate himself from the Panther. "How are you doing that?" I asked in amazement. "Its called loyalty. I've discovered this years ago and I'm probably the only one who has. Separation gives a human the ability to control one element. I have the power to control water." He spoke with his mouth. "And by separated you mean being able to go back to their previous lives?" "No. They cannot stay too far apart from one another or they'll both die. You too Caroline will be able to separate from your wolf, but you're not ready yet. In the mean time we'll have to do some Training." That was when I turned back into human form. It was cute watching Alex teach me how to fight but spending time at The Resistance taught me everything I now know. Alex tried attacking me from behind but I grabbed his arm, knocked him down and gave him a Figure-4 arm lock. I stopped once I saw that in between the trees we were being watched. The Stinger jumped out of the trees and attacked us. Both me and Alex shifted into our Spirit Animals and we fought back, easily killing the Stinger. That's when we realised that the Stinger wasn't Jack. We ran back to the village and saw that it was being destroyed by nearly a dozen Stingers.
          _______________________________

I apologise for the delay. And hope that you enjoy reading this book.
---kiki_kay