| Prologue |

1 September, 1995

The great hall was buzzing with chatter coming from the four aligned wooden table; first years were rather failing at keeping their excitement for themselves and the feast had begun. A new year had officially started at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As always, thousands of candles lit the velvety black sky, floating just above the house's tables, out of reach to the amazed students. Professor Albus Dumbledore was sitting at the professors' table, awaiting the perfect moment to make his annual speech, but his gaze kept coming back to the closed wooden doors at the end of the hall. Even though a new year was beginning, the eldest students' minds were still filled with the horrors of the previous years' Triwizard Tournament, and rumors about You-Know-Who coming back were whispered around the Great Hall. Curious looks were thrown in the direction of the Gryffindor's table, more precisely at the Boy who Lived, silently asking for the truth. But Harry Potter kept his head low, gaze fixed on his untouched meal. Sitting by his side, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger could feel the glares of hate coming their way, but couldn't do a thing to stop them. They would all come to believe Harry, they both knew it.

Professor Dumbledore, aware of the tension between the houses, quietly stood up and made his way to the podium and cleared his throat to demand silence. Immediately, out of great respect for the wizard, students and professors quieted and turned their attention to the old man. After the usual announcements for the upcoming school year and the introduction of a new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher, Dumbledore quickly glanced at the doors for one last time before speaking.

"This year, Hogwarts has the privilege of welcoming a new student from overseas. After visiting our school last year during the Triwizard Tournament, she fell in love with the different houses and was granted a transfer from her old boarding college. Please welcome our newest student, miss Josephine Capet."

The doors split open and walked in a young lady, wearing the silky blue uniform from Beauxbatons. The young woman looked the same as she did on that fateful day a few months prior. She had then stepped into the headmaster's office in the early hours of the morning, accompanied by her own headmistress. She looked dishevelled, still wearing her nightgown and her feet bare, not having bothered to tidy up before waking up Madam Maxim. Professor Dumbledore had been reticent to agree to the transfer of the young Veela, but after hearing all about her visions and the fate of the one boy who could save them all, he had no choice but to believe. Her visions changed every plan he had spent the last decade perfecting, but Josephine Capet was as much an ally to the cause as she was a danger to the people involved. Her visions were safely bottled in phials inside Dumbledore's office, and the professor couldn't remember how many times he had watched them in hope of understanding more than was being said, but without success.

Blinking out of his memories, he watched the girl as she walked gracefully – almost dancingly – to the front of the room, her golden locks flowing between each step. Innocence came off her in waves; from her pale green eyes, to her slightly upturned nose and pouty mouth. Men had difficulties resisting the charms of the pure Veela, and Josephine Knew it. At only fifteen, her looks rivaled her mother's and her cousin's. Looking around quickly, Josie saw a few familiar faces staring at her in the crowd – Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood, who she considered her friends, Blaise Zabini, and finally, Draco Malfoy. Looking at him now, she could see surprise in his grey irises, but annoyance also. Quickly glancing away, she made her way to the headmaster and silently stood by him, facing the crowd. After patting her gently on the shoulder, Professor Dumbledore picked up the Sorting Hat and laid it on top of Josephine's head. It whispered only to her ears as soon as it touched her curls:

"Interesting, very interesting. I see nerve and great accomplishments. And power, let me not forget the power... You could make a great Gryffindor. But, I see no bravery. No, I see loyal slyness and knowledge. And, not surprisingly, the volatile temperament of a Veela. You, my dear, are a complex puzzle. But I always get it right, always. Hmm let me see..." The hat took a small pause. "I know just where to put you..."

Deep down, Josephine already knew the answer, and she whispered it at the same time the Sorting Hat exclaimed:

"SLYTHERIN!"

A deafening silence descended on the Great Hall, and faces of utter shock were turned towards the front of the room. Josephine, who seconds ago, was wearing her Beauxbatons uniform, now stood in a pitch-black robe with a touch of dark green and silver at the collar. Without waiting another second, Josie made her way to the Slytherins' table, where Draco Malfoy was waiting with a smirk on his face.

A new year had officially started at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but war was coming. 

---------------------------------------------
Hello everyone! I really hope you enjoyed the prologue of my first fanfic :) Next chapter will be posted Friday, and there will be a new chapter coming every Wednesdays and Fridays until Legilimens is completed. So don't forget to add it to your library to not miss any update!

Please, leave your comments to let me know what you liked, hated, would like to read in the next chapters! The whole book is already planned out, but I can try and add some of the things you like, ships or anything like that ;)

Thanks a lot,

Gabrielle xx