| Twenty-two |

20 December, 1998

After dealing with Rookwood's memory and making a story with Theodore, the three of them apparated to Malfoy's Manor, seeing as the attack on Hogwarts was long over. Opening the doors to the meeting room, Draco's eyes crossed the Dark Lord's, who shot him a furious glare as Nagini hissed at him from the long wooden table.

"Now that Draco has graced us with his presence, we shall begin." He gritted out.

Draco nodded silently and sat down, glancing around him at the glooming faces of the Death Eaters.

"Which one of you, my loyal supporters, would care to explain what happened today?" When no one spoke, he added. "What about you, Draco? My most loyal man. Why don't you say what happened at Gringotts, and what took you so long to come back?"

"Of course, my Lord. Rookwood, Nott and I were chasing the intruders down the caves when a spell hit Rookwood mid-flight." He spat the man's name, while harshly glancing at him. "Idiot fell off his broom, and Nott had to catch him before he fell to his death. I kept following them, but lost track of them seeing as I was short of two men. We don't know where they went, but we did stumble upon several opened vaults. My guess is they were searching for valuables, sir. Galleons, sickles or gems. Whatever could help them."

Voldemort stared cruelly at Rookwood and hit him with a silent Crucio. The man let out a yell and convulsed on his chair. Draco hid a grin as he felt Nott's eyes on him. Not only Rookwood had no idea of what really went down at Gringotts, but the Dark Lord also believed Draco and blamed Augustus for the failed mission.

"There is more, my Lord. One of the opened vaults was the Lestrange's."

At his words, Voldemort froze and turned his icy stare to Draco. 

"Was anything missing?" He asked in a cold tone.

Draco shrugged apologetically.

"I couldn't say, my Lord. I had never seen the vault before today."

The Dark Lord let out a snarl and apparated away, leaving the room deadly silent. He apparated back a few minutes later, the rage showing in his blood red eyes. Draco was expecting it, and barely groaned when he felt the Cruciatus curse hit him and every last one of the Death eaters sitting in the room with him. Voldemort was furious, but the worst news hadn't been announced yet.  After catching their breath, Voldemort hissed at his pet and walked towards the door when a voice made him stop in his tracks.

"D-Dark Lord..."

It was the voice of Parkinson. Draco watched her with careful eyes. She had never spoken directly to Voldemort before, so this promised to be interesting.

"Pardon me this interruption," she continued as their Lord turned around and stared at her "but there is one more thing we should warn you about."

She gulped and raised her eyes from the table.

"Harry Potter was at Hogwarts. He's not dead, my Lord. We've all seen him."

Voldemort's gaze hardened and he let out a yell.

"Find him!" He shouted. "Search every hideout, capture everyone you cross path with and find out where the Boy Who Lived is. I want him dead, and I want the pleasure of doing the killing."

He stormed out of the room, Nagini slithering at his feet.

***

The Golden Trio was busy helping the Order with the preparation of healing potions back at Andromeda's house, while Ginny was taking care of Teddy with the help of Josephine. The two women were chatting in the living room, when Josie felt light headed, her throat closing in and blocking air from coming through. She recognized the early signs of a vision and warned Ginny so the witch wouldn't freak out like the last time Josie had a vision. A few seconds passed, then Josie spoke.

"The Dark Lord is coming."

————————————————————————
Sorry for the short short update. This chapter was more a filler chapter than anything and also I wanted to update because it's been a while. The next part will be longer, I promise.