| Five |

10 May, 1998

"Now remember, you must only bring back here those who could have any information about the followers of Harry Potter. The others, you may kill."

At those words pronounced by the Dark Lord, Bellatrix laughed and an excited glint illuminated her dark irises. The sight frightened Draco, but he acted as though he was, too, excited. Several Death Eaters had been called upon by the Dark Wizard for a mission all over the country, and Draco had been lucky enough to be paired with his favourite relatives – Bella and Rodolphus – and Pansy Parkinson, who was annoying him even more now than when they had their fling going on back at Hogwarts. Her devotion to Lord Voldemort was sickening, and she was ready to do anything to prove herself to him. And to Draco. He had used Legilimency on Pansy a few minutes before the arrival of the others, but hadn't discovered anything new. He would use the mission to do the same with his uncle, but wouldn't dare touch his aunt's guarded up mind out of fear of triggering an alarm to whomever had put the locks there in the first place. Anyway, he wasn't sure he wanted to see what was going on in the freak's head and turn crazy himself.

As soon as the Dark Lord dismissed them, they disapparated to the Forbidden Forest, where several wanted witches and wizards had been seen. Everyone headed into different directions, and they started their search. Draco stayed in the same spot and waited until everyone had left his sight before following Rodolphus' steps. He needed him alone to access his memories and look out for anything useful. Rodolphus and his wife were part of the inner circle of Voldemort's Death Eaters, surely, one of them would know something Draco didn't.

His uncle was walking a few meters away in front of him when Draco hit him with the silent spell. Rodolphus' body stilled and Draco found himself navigating between the layers of his uncle's memory. Through his eyes, he could see all the horrors of the Lestrange family; the kills, the secrets, everything. But nothing new about the Dark Lord. It was as if the Dark Lord himself didn't know what was happening now that Harry Potter was dead. No one knew where his followers were hiding, and most importantly, they couldn't find the body of Harry Potter anywhere. Draco felt something push him out of his uncle's head before Rodolphus turned around, confusion marking his face as he noticed his nephew standing before him.

"Draco? What are you doing?"

Not bothering to answer, Draco pointed his wand at him.

"Obliviate."

Then he disapparated, leaving his uncle in a bliss of ignorance.

***

Several hours later, the four of them apparated back at the Malfoy Manor, not having found anything – anyone ­– in the forbidden forest. The Dark Lord was sitting at the end of a large wooden table, not uttering a word. His snake, Nagini, was curled at his feet, awaiting an order from her master.

"You couldn't find... anything?" Questioned Lord Voldemort.

Bellatrix was the first to answer.

"We tried, my lord, but no one is hiding in the Forbidden Forest. Even what was left of the centaur's colony has left the place..."

Voldemort raised his hand to shut her up and looked them all in the eye. Draco could see from the corner of his eye Pansy's uneasiness and his aunt's complete adoration to the Wizard sitting in front of them. Only his uncle seemed as indifferent as he was, but it could have been because he was still under the effects of the spell previously used on him. Draco couldn't tell, but he thought the latter was more plausible.

"You can go. I'll let you know when you will be needed again."

Draco turned around and headed for the double doors.

"Not you, Draco. I'd like a word."

Making his way to the other side of the room, Draco stood still in front of the Dark Lord and waited for him to speak.

"I'm proud of you Draco, much more that I ever was with your parents. Your father was pathetic, and your mother weak."

Draco gritted his teeth at the mention of his mother, but didn't speak a word.

"They were useless fools, but you, you will achieve great things for me."

Draco smiled tightly.

"Tell me, are you familiar with the Tale of the Three Brothers?"

He nodded. "Narcissa used to read it to me when I was younger."

"Well, then you know that this wand-"he drew out the Elder Wand "-is one of the three Deathly Hollows."

Draco looked at it, remembering the time when it used to be Dumbledore's, then focused back on the wizard standing in front of him.

"The Elder Wand holds great powers, but I want them all. I need you to find me the other Deathly Hollows, Draco. And I need them now."

"I'll find them, my lord." He said confidently, twisting the ring on his finger.

Leaving the room and walking up the stairs to his bedroom, Draco let a small smile slip on his lips. He finally had something for Josie.

---------------------------------------------There you go!
See you Wednesday for another update! 😊

Gabrielle xx