| Three |

2 May, 1998

The Burrow wasn't safe anymore, and the Weasleys had to hurry and get to the new hideout before the Death Eaters found them. Molly and Arthur Weasley were gathering supplies and everything that could come in handy for their family and the Order, while their children and Hermione were on the look out for any incoming Dark witch or wizard. Stepping outside when they were done, Molly and Arthur joined their children and started handing out portkeys. Bill and his wife Fleur were already waiting at the Shell Cottage, protecting it with spells and charms, while the other Weasleys had followed their parents to what was left of the family home. Hermione, Ron and Ginny grabbed the first portkey – a rusted tin can – and flied away instantly.

"Percy, Fred and George, you're ne-" Said Molly.

Realizing her mistake, she raised her head and looked in the eyes of her son, and lost herself, for a second, in the memories of the son she had lost only hours prior. The pain in his eyes reflected her own and she suppressed a choke for all they had lost in this battle against evil, and for all they still risked loosing. Her husband squeezed her hand and took the portkey form her before giving it to his sons. George felt lost without his other half, but seeing his mother in such a state only increased his pain, and he pulled her into a quick hug before spinning away with Percy. Molly and Arthur Weasley turned towards their house and silently stared at it, not knowing if they would ever feel at home again, before leaving with the portkey.

***

Barely seconds after their children, Molly and Arthur found themselves on the edge of a sandy cliff, where a lone and beautiful cottage stood. They could hear the faint waves of the sea crashing down nearby, but it was too dark to see the source of the noise. They had often come and visited their son and Fleur at the cottage, but never under such grim circumstances. Everyone was relieved to be out of harms way for the time being, but they also felt the loss of their friends and leader, being in this hideout only a few weeks after Harry Potter had sought shelter the same way they were now. Inside the house, everything was silent. Ginny was letting out silent tears as she thought of her late brother and of her lover, while Ron was simply looking lost, staring at the night sky through the fogged window. He hadn't lost one, but two brothers that night, and it felt like his ribcage was empty, like his heart was missing and the only thing he could feel was pain. And guilt; of not being able to help them, save them, of not having the chance to tell them how important they were to him, of being alive while their life had been cut short so early. It all felt wrong, and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it now. Harry, Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Moody, Snape, and all of the others... They had died and it felt like hope and light had left with them. Looking around the room and seeing pain etched on every face, Ron swore to himself their death wouldn't be pointless. Evil wouldn't win. Not this time, not ever. Getting up, he joined his father in the small kitchen.

"We have to fight back. We can't let them win that easily."

Arthur looked at his son, admired his willingness and bravery, but shook his head.

"Now is not the time, Ronald."

"But-"

"For now, we must grieve, remember the ones we lost. When the time is right, we will fight. For us, and for them also."

Turning around at the sound of the floor creaking, Ronald found himself looking at a disheveled Hermione. Tear streaked cheeks, messy hair and covered in dust, she looked a mess. But she was still the prettiest girl he had ever seen, and he would do anything to keep her safe, to keep her alive. Stepping forward, she clasped his hand in hers and gently squeezed, showing support to his pain and grief.

"We'll fight them, Ron. Together. But now is not the time." She said to him.

Looking around at all the familiar faces in the room, Ron knew it was the right thing to do. His hand firmly grasped in Hermione's, he went back to the couch and sat beside his crying sister, offering and receiving comfort from his entire family. They were right; now was not the time. But it would come, and they would fight Voldemort and win the war once and for all.

--------------------------------------------
I know this one was short, but I thought we all needed some Weasley time!
Don't forget to vote, comment and add Legilimens to your library as next update will be on Wednesday! :)

Gabrielle xx