Coffee- Thomas Jefferson X Reader

Prompt: "Hold me back!"
"I think I picked up your coffee by accident."
Warnings: cussing
Time period: Modern
AU: Modern AU
Changes: Tjeff isn't married ovbs; cabinet battles still happen
POV:
readers
~
Hnghhh i'm sorry if this is sucky AF
~

Lines suck ass.
No no... let me rephrase that
Coffee lines that aren't straight suck ass.

Especially when you get cut in line by five different people, and no one takes notice because it's so crowded!

Let me explain:

I'm just a girl trying to get some cheap morning coffee before I walk over to the White House. My job was to lead people around the place and give information to every passerby.

I didn't work alongside Hamilton and his squad or Jefferson, but I knew them pretty well. Whether they were looking for a bathroom, food, or a meeting place, I was there to show them to their destination.

We strike up conversation sometimes and I listent to their rants. Hamilton was alright... but Jefferson...

Oh boy did we have issues.

It started off as flirting and I fell right into it. But I soon realized that I'm no special snowflake; he flirts with everyone.

I really tried to get over him, but it was damn near impossible. So, naturally, I hid my love with anger. I look at him every day with the urge to kiss him, or punch him in the face.

It isn't the best of ideas, but it's keeping me busy... for now.

Anyways back to the café

The line was fine, until I started getting pushed backward.
And then I realized that people were cutting me

The first was by the Frenchman, Lafayette. At first, I let it slide because he barely spoke English and I don't think laf even noticed that he cut me in the first place.

Then the rest of his friends come in— Alexander, John, Hercules — and scoot into a spot next to him.

I rolled my eyes and promised myself I wouldn't throw a hissy fit this early in the morning.

Right after I made that promise, some girl in a red poncho walked in and made her way over to Alexander. I knew the girl wasn't his wife, and was obviously foreign to the others. I didn't question his personal life and affairs though. She whispered in his ear before shuffling her way into the line.

"No. Hissy. Fits." I murmured, praying that I could just get some morning coffee and leave
~
After five minutes of standing, I managed to reach the front

"Next!" The lady yelled out

And as soon as I took one step, Thomas fucking Jefferson walked up to the counter with a receipt.

Why does everyone I know go to THIS coffee shop? There's like two Starbucks down the street??

"Hey, the drink has my name on it but the drink is different than the one on the receipt."

Thomas glanced in my direction and burst out into a smirk and a wink. I glared as my heart slammed out of my chest.

"I'll do that after-"