Ending to "Goodbye"

[Lafayette's POV]

I stayed at Alexander's for the night and planned to stay a lot longer. However, Elizabeth Schuyler (one of Y/N's friends) delivered the pregnancy test to Alexander and then he aggressively gave it to me.
It took me a whole day to figure out what was actually going on. I would've found out earlier but I had blocked Y/N and all of her friends on social media. When I reactivated my phone it was filled with threats from her closest friends to long paragraphs from Y/N herself.

Alexander slapped my head as hard as he could and shoved a pregnancy test in my face. No words were said as he left the room and I sat on his couch sobbing my heart out.

The next day I purchased the only thing that could ever make up for the biggest mistake of my life. I walked up to our shared apartment and knocked on the door. Y/N, with the darkest eye bags I had ever seen, opened the door shortly and immediately dropped the glass of whatever she was drinking.

There I was on one knee holding the biggest ring I could afford.

"I—"

"I honestly don't give a flying fuck about whatever heartwarming speech you made. Put the fucking ring on my finger and come back home."

The rest was history.

Y/N had been secretive because her heart was so set on announcing it after the week was over to avoid stress and avoiding studying.

We ended up doing an average job on our finals, however one of my test grades was a dangerously low C. Y/N joked that we named the child something staring with a "C" in honor of my almost failing final grade.

Er... speaking of the baby.

We went to the doctors to make sure that everything was going okay.

Y/N quickly revealed to me that she had nearly drank half a glass of wine. That's what she had been drinking when I knocked on her door. Half a glass could stop the fetus' breathing for up to two hours. That plus all the stress I put her through... the baby was ether going to die or have serious issues.

We are at a 34% chance of losing the baby for the rest of the pregnancy. It's small, but still dangerous. But life only gets better now.

All we can do is hope.

  End

Psst, the baby was fine. Underweight but fine.
Her name was Celine.