22 | flights and rings

Dedicated to my muse,
Cassandra Clare - whose books made me find my passion for writing

Dedicated to my muse,Cassandra Clare - whose books made me find my passion for writing

"What are you doing?"

Stefan's voice interrupted my packing which I was almost done doing. I was quite quick about it, only taking about half an hour considering the fact I was sorting all the clothes by colour in my suitcase.

I turned around to give him a snarky reply about how it was obvious I was packing clothes but then decided to keep my mouth shut to avoid the risk of it falling open too widely.

Stefan was shirtless, wearing only a pair of jeans which hung low on his hips. His hair was tousled in an attractive way and he had a playful grin on his face. I had to look away just to prevent myself from getting too nervous and puking onto the clean floor.

"I'm packing, Stef. I do not wish to miss out five o'clock flight to Paris," I said as I put in my towel and zipped the suitcase shut.

"You do know the flight is in the evening, not morning. Right?" he asked, eyebrows raised. He took a few steps towards me and I felt my palms get sweaty as it always does. I was worried my snowflake-shaped ring might just slip off my finger.

"Well, yes but it's good to be prepared. Besides it's not like I have anything else to do." I sat on the suitcase and tied my hair into a ponytail with the hair tie that was around my wrist.

"I can think of some interesting things to do for us to pass our time," Stefan's voice was a low tremor.  He slowly wounded an arm around my waist and pulled me close, our bodies touching. He kissed me deeply and my knees buckled.

When I felt his hand slowly creep up to the zip on the back of my dress, I pulled away and gently pushed his hand away.

"Stef..." I realised I say his name often when I'm uncertain about something and he seems to have caught on to it.

"What's wrong?" he asked, confusion clouding his handsome face. After seeing my face which was probably the colour of those goddamned tomatoes, he asked softly, "Is it your...first time?"

My lack of reply probably have it away. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead. It was a gentle, innocent one meant to relax my nerves.

"Then we'll just sleep. Literally, just sleep," he said, his smile still visible even after I shivered at the touch of his lips.

I looked at him sharply, unable to mask my surprise. "You're not going to talk me into it?"

Laughing, he said, "Snowflake, you might be a married woman now but I don't expect you to be ready for everything a married woman does.  You'll need time settling it and I'll give it to you. I'm a patient man. I'll wait until you're ready." At that, he carried me and tucked me into bed. He put on a shirt and I tried to mask my disappointment. Based on his sudden chuckle, I would say I failed miserably. He switched off the light and laid down next to me, leaving a feet or two between us.

"I love you," I said when darkness enveloped us. I could feel his smile radiating from him, like a ray of sunshine.

"You know I do too, right?" I said, a smile inching up my face.

I managed to muster the little bit of courage I had and snuggled next to Stefan. I laid my head against his chest and his arms automatically wrapped themselves around my shaky body.

"You would be my first time, Stefan, " I whispered, my voice loud in the dark and silent room. "You were my first kiss, first boyfriend..."

"But not your first fiancé," Stefan interrupted with a chuckle.

I playfully smacked his chest and he snorted softly in response.

"I'm going to sleep," I said, pretending to be upset.

Stefan just said, "Sure, in an hour or so. Until then you're probably just going to watch me sleep creepily."

"Watching you sleep is romantic," I argued.

"Sure but when guys do it, we get arrested for it."

"Only if you snuck into their room."

"What if they were trying to win back the girl they're in love with and try to show her that they were meant to be?" Stefan said, a smile etched on his face.

I rolled my eyes but leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on his lips. "You know I can't sleep. So why don't you sing a song?"

"I don't think an upcoming rainstorm would help your sleeping issues," he said, making me laugh. "I can, however, tell you a story."

"Oh, really?" I asked.

"You're not the only one with a knack for stories. I may not read a lot of books but there is one story that happens to be my favourite. It's not from any book or movie. I can't take full credit for it since you played a major part in it too, Mrs. Castellano," Stefan said.

I felt myself smile and my heart bloomed. "What is it about?"

"It's a story about a man who found out that it was written in his stars that there was a snowflake out there just for him."