epilogue

Fate.

You might think you know what it means but you don't. Not until you've experienced a life-changing thing that fate is entirely responsible for.

Fate changed my life in so many ways. If it wasn't for fate, my parents would have never split up. If it wasn't for fate, I wouldn't have had so many unfortunate events that ruined my childhood. But if it wasn't for my belief in fate, I wouldn't be here today or anywhere but the afterlife for the matter. I should be dead for the number of times I tried to take away my life but I'm still here.

Fate could be the reason why all those things happened or it could have been destiny. The good things that happened could have been miracles. Some could even be a coincidences. We could never know for sure what fate is really responsible for.

As I sit here by the window of my new house writing in my journal which I had abandoned for a few years now, the sound of laughter coming from the happy children outside, the snow-frosted trees, the smell of breakfast my love is cooking, I realise fate could be compared to an author or a writer.

Fate writes different stories for each person, all of the same title; life. Though they may share the same title, the characters, plot, writing style are all different.

My story, it's unique on its own.

It has something to do with snowflakes, a little bit to do with what's written in the stars and a lot to do with fate.