Captain Boomerang X Reader (Suicide Squad) Welcome Home

You sat on a wooden chair by the window. The rain gently streamed down its surface. Your head rested against the window as you lifted a hard to touch the glass. The coffee you had prepared hours ago, sat cold on in the mug had brought you for your birthday. Looking at it you smiled and placed your right hand upon your prominent baby bump. As you looked down, you felt the baby kick. Wincing, you slowly tickled the spot where its foot rested and it disappeared. Giggling, you waited. Every time it kicked you'd give the foot a tickle.

Glancing up, your eyes caught a glimpse of a photo. It was a cannon shot he didn't know you had taken. It was your prized possession as he was actually smiling. Glancing down at the diamond ring, he'd actually payed for, adorning your ring finger you sighed remembering that night.

-Flashback-

Walking up to your front door you placed your wine glass on the table and opened it. George stood in front of you, roses in one hand and the other clenched in a fist. Rubbing your eyes, you stared. "I didn't forget anything did I?" This wasn't planned?" you questioned and smiled as he shook his head.

"No this wasn't planned," he said thrusting the roses in your face and turning away. Giggling as he wasn't used to being so romantic you started to walk inside. "Just let me go freshen up," you said to him as you stepped inside the house. "No!" he yelled stopping you. "Y...your fine how you are." Glancing up at him you felt something was wrong. Reaching out a hand you caressed his cheek, gently brushing across his cheek bone.

"You okay?" you asked stepping forward. Looking straight into your eyes he gulped and shook his head. "No... I ah," he breathed scratching the back of his head. A worried look appeared on your face and stopped. "Oh no, no sweetheart not like that," he said hugging you to his chest and stroked your arm. "Like what then?" you question.

Reaching into his jeans pocket he pulled out a black velvet box. Kneeling down, he opened it and looked up at you. Your hand flew to your mouth and gasped. "(Y/N). I know I'm not good at this romance shit, but for you I'll give it a go. From the moment I met you, you were okay with my," he coughed, "'Profession' and I wouldn't trade you for any of the riches in the world." Smiling at the thought, your eyes teared up. "Will you... will you do the honors of becoming Mrs Harkness?" As he finished you jumped into his arms.

 will you do the honors of becoming Mrs Harkness?" As he finished you jumped into his arms

"Yes, yes, yes!" you squealed and he laughed. Sliding the ring onto your finger you look at each other. Gently leaning in your lips met his in a kiss full of passion. "Just sealing the deal," he whispered and you laughed.

-End of Flashback-

Studying his picture you breathed in. "Come back to me Digger."

-Time Skip for 1 Year-

Placing Geordie on his play mat you pasted him his Lego's. Walking over to the kitchen you started unpacking the groceries. As you picked up the flour the doorbell rung, its tune echoing down the hallway. "A... do," your son gurgled pointing at the door. Slowly walking over you opened the door. The flour dropped from your hand, colliding with the ground. But you weren't focused on it.

"I'm home baby." Lunching yourself off the top step you fell into his arms. Tears fell down your face, but you didn't care. All that mattered at that moment was him. Pulling back you clutched the top of his jacket and smashed your lips on his.

"You need to shave," you laughed stroking his stubble. A gurgling noise came from behind you and you both looked back. Your son was slowly waddling towards you using the walk as his support. Kneeling down you held out your arms. "Come on Geordie," you cooed. "Come to mummy and daddy." Finally reaching you, you picked him up, spun him around and placed him on your hip. "Is he...?" George whispered and you nodded. A large grin spread over his face and he hugged you both. Standing in his arms was the moment you'd been waiting for, for two years. Breathing a sigh of relief you whispered.

"Welcome home Digger."

Hallo Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been writing. School is almost over so I should be updating more.

"A... do" = At door

Thank you all for being patient and hope you enjoy :)

Until next time.