El Diablo X Reader (Suicide Squad) I Am Now

Pushed to the ground, you whimpered as your classmates closed in around you. "Aw. Is the little baby going to cry?" they teased as tears pricked at your eyes. The right side of your face ached from the slap the leader, Tommy, had given. As they stepped forward a shadow appeared behind them.

"Don't you know it's not nice to hit girls?" The Spanish accent rang through the air and they all turned around. Glancing back you saw a boy about your age. "What did you say?" Tommy asked, glaring at him. "You heard me. Leave her alone," the boy said stepping forward. "Or what?" Tommy challenged and smirked. Suddenly the boy's fists caught alight and he raised them. The group's eyes widened and quickly ran. Eyes wide and shaking you started as his fists went out and he walked over to you. Holding out his hand, you took it and he pulled you up. His hand felt unnaturally warm upon yours but not uncomfortable.

"You okay?" he asked slowly trying to remove his hand from yours. Pulling on his hand you threw your arms around his waist and buried your head into his chest. He quickly stiffened at the action and looked down at you. Slowly he relaxed and wrapped his arms around your small frame. As you barely reached his chin he placed his head on top of yours in a comforting way. "Thank you," you whispered, pulled away and held out your hand. "(Y/N) (L/N)." Grasping your hand in his he replied, "Chato Santana." A smile broke out on your face and he blushed. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

-Time Skip 11 Years-

You'd forgotten when you'd last seen Chato and you missed him terribly

You'd forgotten when you'd last seen Chato and you missed him terribly. Over time you'd become part of government security and were soon promoted to protect Amanda Walker.

Walking behind Amanda and Rick Flag you entered Belle Reve. As you walked in you heard one of the guards fall into step with you. "What's a lovely thing like you doing in a place like this?" he questioned. You rolled your eyes behind your glasses but stared straight ahead. "Not much of a talker eh?"

"Officer Griggs," Amanda spoke and turned to face him. "Stop trying to flirt with my Lieutenant Colonel and take us to Diablo." Griggs' face turned red and walked to the front. Walking out into the courtyard you saw Griggs leading Amanda to a metal tube. Turning to Rick you whispered, "They keep people in there?" and he nodded.

"Hey ese, put down your burrito. You've got visitors," Griggs yelled banging on the tube. Amanda strode up to the window smashed a tablet against the glass. Glancing around, you saw the guards clustered around the yard, watching the interaction. You were only brought back to reality when you saw Rick storming off. Turing back to Waller she rolled her eyes at the prisoner and pointed to you. "Time to shows what you can do. He's all yours," she said and walked off. Glancing at the tube you knelt down and gently knocked on the glass. The man inside's head raised and glared at you. "I already said no!" he yelled palms igniting themselves. You stared. Silently watching the flames dance over his palms.

"Chato," you whispered reaching out to touch the glass. His head shot up and the fire died. Placing his hands on the ground, he crawled over to you. "Chato. Is that you?" you asked, tears starting to appear in your eyes, as you studied his tattooed face.

"Who...who are you?" he asked peering at you. "It's me. (Y/N)." His face froze but a large grin soon appeared. Placing his hands on the glass and you smiled. "Open it," you said pointing at the tube.

"But ma'am we..." a guard stuttered. "Open it!" you yelled. "I hold your jobs in my hands."

The guard quickly scurried off and the tube door was opened. Running back over you knelt down and held out your hand, Chato stared at your hand and placed his hand on yours. Crawling, blinking at the sun he looked around and then at you. Launching yourself into his arms you leant your head on his chest. His arms quickly encircled your waist and pulled you closer. "I missed you so much," you mumbled hands bunching at his shirt. Smiling he rested his chin on your head.

-Time Skip-

You all walked towards the Enchantress, guns at the ready. "That's your old woman?" Deadshot asked Rick and he nodded staring at what used to be his girlfriend. The ground started to shake until a large man stood in front of them. "That's his brother," you whispered and turned towards Rick. "We need to move him over to the bomb.

"I'll do it," Chato spoke walking forward. "I've already lost one family, I'm not losing another. Let me show you who I am." Rick looked from you to him and nodded. Chato charged forward hands blazing towards Incubus. As they collided together, fire started streaming out of Chato's hands.

"We need to get him over to the bomb," Rick shouted at him and Chato nodded. Turning around you faced him just as he turned into Chutriel. Heat filled the room as the flames licked the ceiling and you gasped. "Blow it," Chato yelled at Rick.

"No!" you screamed and pushed past Rick. "Don't do this Chato! I can't lose you again!"

"Blow it!" Chato yelled again and turned to you. "I'm sorry," he mouthed and a loud explosion filled the room. "Chato," you whispered.

-Time Skip-

As Rick embraced June you gazed over to where Chato once stood tears coming to your eyes. "You okay doll?" Captain Boomerang's voice asked from behind you. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," you whispered wiping away your tears and looked towards him.

"You're not okay." The Spanish accent cut through the air and all went silent. Turning around you came face-to-face with a beaten but alive Chato. As he opened his arms, you ran towards him and threw your arms around him. Bringing your hands to his cheeks you placed your lips on his. Chato melted into the kiss and his arms snaked around your waist. Pulling away you gazed at him and grinned.

"I am now."

Hallo, Everyone!

Sorry about the delay with this one shot.

I am now on holiday's so I should be updating faster.

Hope you all enjoy :)

Until next time.