Bagheera X Reader (Jungle Book- 2016) My Mate

-Third Person POV-

Bagheera and Mowgli walked through the long, jungle grass of the (f/n) desert. "Why do I have to go to the man-village? I like it here. This is my home," Mowgli whined and Bagheera sighed. Pausing to make sure his tail was up, to show that they were just passing through, he faced Mowgli. "You know why. To keep you safe from Shere..."

"Shere Khan!" Mowgli yelled. Whipping around Bagheera saw Shere Khan running through the grass straight towards them. "Run Mowgli!" Bagheera yelled and saw him dart into the tall grass.

-Your POV-

Looking behind you at the jungle you remembered why you had come here. You never fitted into your pack due to your size. Being the smallest female you were often left out and picked on by the others, thus making life extremely hard for you. You came here to find a friend. And perhaps, even a mate.

Surveying the grass in front of you, you raised your tail and ambled forward. The grass gently caressed your body making you squirm from the ticklish sensations. As you continued to walk, loud voices filled your ears. "Run Mowgli!" was yelled as you saw a small mop of black hair disappear into the tall grass. "A man-cub?" you thought and raced towards the man-cub. As you neared him he turned around and fell backwards in fright. Yowls sounded near you calmly walked forward. The man-cub quickly jumped up and climbed on your back, holding on tight. You frowned. The feelings of having someone on your back being unusual and you tried to get him off. "Please help me." His voice sounded so desperate, you finally gave in.

"Hold on," you roared and bolted straight towards a ditch where you would be able to hide. As you approached the edge, the thundering of paws sounded behind you. "Run faster," the man-cub pleaded but you weren't fast enough. Skidding to a halt you let the man-cub slide from your back and takes shelter behind you.

"Hand over the man-cub," the tiger growled and stalked forward. "No," you said firmly, even though inside you were scared stiff. Roaring, he lunged at the man-cub, but you blocked him. "Run for the ditch!" you yelled to the man-cub. As the man-cub jumped into the ditch the tiger glared, "Why you!" he roared and scratched your right eye, creating three deep, jagged lines. Howling with pain, you stumbled back and over into the ditch, where the buffalo were running through. As the buffalo trampled over you, you spotted the man-cub hiding in the mud. As the last Buffalo ran through and the tiger walked away, he ran up to you and crouched by your side. Placing a hand on your shoulder, you whined. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, placing his forehead on yours. "Not...fault," you managed to say, trying to stand up. Finally standing, the man-cub helped you upright. "So...what's your name man-cub?" you groaned as you limped forward.

"Mowgli," he replied, placing an arm around you in to try and help. "I'm (Y/N)."

"Well (Y/N)," he began, looking at you, "Let's go get you cleaned up okay?" You nodded and smiled.

Day one. One friend.

-Time Skip-

Meeting Baloo was probably the best and worst thing you had done in your life. As you walked behind Baloo, Mowgli jumped onto your back. "(Y/N)," he squealed and snuggled deeper into your fur. "Good morning Mowgli," you replied yawning.

"Now that's love right there," Baloo said and waded into the river. Mowgli giggled, jumped off you and ran after the bear. Laughing, you ran after them. As you came towards the river you heard a rustling noise coming from the ferns to your right. "Mowgli," you hissed and he nodded. Jumping off Baloo's stomach he stands behind you as Baloo took his position next to you. The rustling stopped abruptly and a streak of black lept over you and on to Mowgli. Spinning around you saw a male panther bent over and licking a laughing Mowgli. Standing down you walked onto the land and stand down, smiling at the reunion. Leaning down to drink the water you saw your reflection. The scratches you had gotten from the tiger, now known as Shere Khan, were scars and although you could see, the eye had become white. "Who would ever love me know." Shaking the thought away you looked towards Mowgli and saw him bounding up to you with the panther following behind. Titling your head in question, you saw Mowgli and the panther smile. "(Y/N), this is Bagheera. Bagheera, this is (Y/N)," Mowgli said introducing you.

"So this is the Bagheera I've heard all about," you said while slowly walking around the handsome panther. Turning to look back at Mowgli you stated, "I like him," and without your knowledge, Bagheera blushed.

-Time Skip-

Mowgli ran out of the jungle with a stick of the red flower in his grasp. As he approached, all the animals backed away, but you stayed where you were. "Look what you have done," Shere Khan growled as he stalked forward. Turning around Mowgli saw the whole jungle in flames. Mowgli gasped and quickly threw the red flower into the watering hole. "You stupid man-cub, now you have no protection," Shere Khan sneered as he walked forward.

"Run Mowgli!" you yelled and pounced on top of Shere Khan. Biting at his ear all the other animals cheered while you bought Mowgli some time. "Get off me you insolent panther!" Shere Khan roared, tossing you into some rocks and ran after Mowgli. Attempting to stand, you cried out when you felt a sharp pain, course throughout your body. "Mowgli," you wailed while burying your face in your paws. Bagheera slowly walked up to you and licked your cheek. Nuzzling your head he lay down next to you, inviting you to lie on him. "He'll be fine," he whispered. "I know it."

As the fire started to die down you saw a silhouette coming through. "Mowgli," you breathed. Nudging Bagheera you stood up, ignoring the pain, and raced out to see him. "(Y/N)," he screamed as he broke into a run. As you met in the middle of the savanna he threw his arms around you, keeping you close as Bagheera came up behind you and nuzzled Mowgli's cheek. Lifting his head and removing his arms he stood in front of you. "I'll leave you two alone," he giggled and ran to the other animals.

Turning to face Bagheera, you saw a faint blush on his fur. "(Y/N)," Bagheera breathed nervously and gulped. "Willyoubemymate?" Tilting your head in confusion you walked closer. "Can you slow down a bit Bagheera? I didn't quite get that."

Taking a deep breath Bagheera looked you straight in the eyes. "Will you be my mate?" You stared back, eyes unblinking before you face broke out in a grin. "Yes!" you squealed and he beamed. Rubbing his nose on yours you knew. He was perfect and he was yours.

Hallo Everyone,

Sorry that I haven't updated sooner. School work has just been piling up as well as exams.

Requests are still being done, sorry for the wait.

Feel free to request by my inbox or in the comments.

Hope you enjoyed!!!