Your Life is Your Journal

Ok guys, this one is very special, this fanart and the title are thanks to XxWhiteYvonnexX. The title is a powerful quote which she taught me and I give full credit to her for it. Truly inspirational and thats how I want this oneshot structured. Think of it as a journal. Hope everyone enjoys and special thanks to White for allowing me to use this wonderful quote.

Every journey begins with a single step...

The story began in the region of Kanto. A vibrant, lively land with countless people and Pokemon. The days were getting longer as the season of Spring was coming to a close.

The time had come once again for the annual Summer Camp held by Kanto's own Pokemon professional and the man who would send new trainers out into the world, Professor Oak.

The Professor held this summer camp to teach young kids about the wild companions they share the big wide world with. All life on this Earth was precious and the kids who attended this camp would not only be from Kanto but from many other regions as well...such as Kalos.

One young girl known as Serena Yvonne was attending this camp. She was a young girl who was quite shy at the time, she kept to herself. She had long honey blonde hair which seemed to flow gently down her back, beautiful oceanic eyes that sparkled than the brightest sapphire. Yet she actually never wanted to be here...

Serena hailed all the way from Kalos in a small place called Vaniville Town. She lived with her mother who was an accomplished Rhyhorn Racer. She had the same hopes for her daughter which is why she was sent to a Pokemon summer camp, so she responded well to the mysterious creatures.

Then there was a boy. A young boy around the same age known as Ash Ketchum was also attending Professor Oaks camp. However this boisterous lad was a native Kantonian, it was held in his home town of Pallet and unlike the young girl, he was enamoured with Pokemon of all types.

Ash had powerful raven black hair that seemed to stretch in every direction imaginable. His eyes were a passionate auburn brown radiating the fire of youth. Ash and Serena both attended the Summer Camp at the same time for different reasons, but that didn't matter.

The two had a meeting which was nothing short of a 'fated encounter'. Thats what I like to think anyway. Serena had wondered away from the group when they were on an expedition in the forest. She was lost, confused and scared. But not alone...

She was muttering to herself 'I knew I didn't wanna come here I just knew it' when a rustling bush startled her causing her to catch her foot on the root of a tree. Then the fearful young girl fell to the floor and hurt her leg. She called out for her mother with tears flowing from her ocean coloured eyes, almost like a literal flood.

The bush stopped rustling and out popped a small blue Pokemon which gave her one glance and then hopped off past her leaving the girl confused.

The rustling quickly resumed and she closed her eyes crying ever further. The rustling stopped and a slither of raven hair protruded from the brush quickly followed by the rest of Ash. He was seeking Poliwag. What he found instead surprised him.

Forgetting completely about the tadpole Pokemon he decided to pursue, he regarded this young girl and questioned "hey are you alright?" The young girl looked up in a mix of surprise and relief. Surprised at the sight of the boy, relieved he wasn't a bigger Pokemon than Poliwag.

"Hi I'm Ash, what's wrong?" Serena was surprised by the sudden care this boy, who was a stranger, had shown her. So much so she couldn't come up with a clever reply like what she would normally do. She replied with the first thing which came to mind "I hurt my leg."

Ash tilted his head at her then came to his knees next to the honey blonde. Serena watched the boy in both curiosity and caution. But something about him made the curiosity overpower her caution. "Don't worry, see this, this will make it better."